TOOOOOOOOOOL (Download / new material chat)

What's Hot
guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
So after many many many years, Tool are back in the UK and are performing at Download tonight. Luckily for me, I have a ticket and have been braving the mud just to see them (everything else was secondary), I honestly can’t remember the last time I was this excited to see a band perform! Is anyone else here today?!

I’m really enjoying the two new tracks that have come out so far - not long till the new album now!  =) <3
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 907
    I'm a fan, but not there today. Saw them 3 times when they were touring 10000 Days. I once met Adam Jones at the Intrepid Fox after a Swervedriver gig that we both had been at. Looking forward to the new album when it eventually comes out.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    They were bloody amazing! Grainy pics & clips to follow tomorrow  B)
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    I'd never heard any Tool before (was at rhe festival for my son)

They were great. Really enjoyed the inventiveness of it, combined with some great playing. They put together a great show too. 

For me 2nd best band of the weekend. First was Godsmack who I'd never heard of. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Tool were the only band where I noticed I could hear the low rumble from my house in Nottingham this year. Could just have been the wind direction at the time though.
    relic245 said:
    I'd never heard any Tool before (was at rhe festival for my son)

They were great. Really enjoyed the inventiveness of it, combined with some great playing. They put together a great show too. 

For me 2nd best band of the weekend. First was Godsmack who I'd never heard of. 
    Wow - what a great intro to them!!!!

I hadn’t heard of Godsmack before either, they were great too :)
    horse said:
    Tool were the only band where I noticed I could hear the low rumble from my house in Nottingham this year. Could just have been the wind direction at the time though.
    Wouldn’t be surprised if you could - the bass was massive! Slipknot were pretty strong on Saturday night but Tool seemed louder overall
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    horse said:
    Wouldn’t be surprised if you could - the bass was massive! Slipknot were pretty strong on Saturday night but Tool seemed louder overall
    Yeah I was being serious. I've heard the low rumble in previous years, but this year only noticed it last night when they would have been on.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    I was there, right on the front edge of the mosh pit at the front..maybe 8 rows from the stage. Was fucking incredible.

I too was impressed with godsmack..their singer is a pretty fucking handy drummer himself! Also really dug toska and alcest who I had never heard before.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
    I was there, right on the front edge of the mosh pit at the front..maybe 8 rows from the stage. Was fucking incredible.

I too was impressed with godsmack..their singer is a pretty fucking handy drummer himself! Also really dug toska and alcest who I had never heard before.
    Hold on...godsmack’s drummer was singing? Does that mean they got rid of Sully Erna? 

Im insanely jealous of everyone who was there
    nah was drum battle between Sully and the drummer...Sully had some pretty impressive chops
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I like Godsmack, and I like Tool, and I like Alcest, and I like Toska.

Bye!

Godsmack were a bit of a surprise cos i like a few songs i remember from like the 90s but i assumed they were gonna be washed up and more a nostalgia type thing but they killed it performance wise....sadly did not play Voodoo though
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    nah was drum battle between Sully and the drummer...Sully had some pretty impressive chops
    Ah ok! makes sense. Nice to hear they're still around. Like you'd, I'd have assumed their set would be a bit of a nostalgia trip. Surprised they didn't do Voodoo though 
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    My son returned from Download raving about Tool.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I couldn't see what the fuss was with Tool, had a couple of albums on my old computer and just didn't get into them at all. They are however one of those bands that I feel I need to revisit. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Listen to Lateralus and try your hardest not to be impressed - it is a genuine masterpiece.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Listen to Lateralus and try your hardest not to be impressed - it is a genuine masterpiece.
    @Axisus - Try listening to it in the “Holy Gift” order too for a fresh take on it if you already have it. Apparently it’s somewhat blessed by the band:

1. Parabol
    2. Parabola
    3. Schism
    4. Ticks & Leeches
    5. Mantra
    6. Lateralus
    7. Faaip de Oaid
    8. The Grudge
    9. Triad
    10. Eon Blue Apocalypse
    11. Reflection
    12. The Patient
    13. Disposition

• Listen to Lateralus and try your hardest not to be impressed - it is a genuine masterpiece.
    Quoth for truth.

Bye!

edited June 2019
    Quoth for truth.
    Quoted for emphasis on said truth. 
    axisus said:
    I couldn't see what the fuss was with Tool, had a couple of albums on my old computer and just didn't get into them at all. They are however one of those bands that I feel I need to revisit. 
    Did you listen to the  bit with the drums?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom