Springsteen - Western Stars

What's Hot
thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2930
I a bit surprised that no one else has mentioned this yet  (or have I missed it?)

Anyhow,  its very good, and in my opinion one of his best albums in a number of years.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    I listened to it a couple of times in the car over the weekend. I think its pretty good. I dont think he has ever stopped writing good tunes, but he did get into that super-compressed in your face production style over most of his stuff since 2000 and it made his records hard to listen to. Glad to see him coming out of that with something that breathes a little. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    I heard a song from it on the radio today - pretty sure it was called Sleepy Joe's Café - I liked the cajun/country arrangement, but I didn't think the song was very good and a rather Mavericks-like key change grated a bit.

I'll get it, since I have almost everything else he's done and I would count myself a fan - although I haven't yet got High Hopes, because the dreadful cover put me off so much (really). I did recently get the Seeger Sessions album, which I like better than anything else he's done since Tom Joad, I think. I do quite like Magic and Wrecking Ball, but Working On A Dream was really poor and I didn't think The Rising deserved the 'best comeback album' hype either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2930
    ICBM said:
    I heard a song from it on the radio today - pretty sure it was called Sleepy Joe's Café - I liked the cajun/country arrangement, but I didn't think the song was very good and a rather Mavericks-like key change grated a bit.

I'll get it, since I have almost everything else he's done and I would count myself a fan - although I haven't yet got High Hopes, because the dreadful cover put me off so much (really). I did recently get the Seeger Sessions album, which I like better than anything else he's done since Tom Joad, I think. I do quite like Magic and Wrecking Ball, but Working On A Dream was really poor and I didn't think The Rising deserved the 'best comeback album' hype either.
    I also have everything the chap has done.  I really struggled with Wrecking Ball and Working on a Dream and think i only listened once to the Seeger stuff.  This however has been on constant play for three days nap.  It gets better with every listen.  Yes its Sleepy Joes Cafe. Its ok but there are better tracks on the album