Comments

• benecolbenecol Frets: 399
    Peow-90s, if you will.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    The idea of a non uniform coil is actually a great idea.

I think I may try making some new pickups manipulating tone by using rods positions and diameters to thicken/thin string responses.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10381
    tFB Trader
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Is it wrong that I still think a V2 looks great the best part of 30 years after I first saw one?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2019 tFB Trader
    normula1 said:
    Is it wrong that I still think a V2 looks great the best part of 30 years after I first saw one?
    I love the way they look ... sadly they don't tend to sound as good. ... or at least the blatantly 'metal' shape is at odds with the rather 'polite' pickup tone.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2394
    normula1 said:
    I love the way they look ... sadly they don't tend to sound as good. ... or at least the blatantly 'metal' shape is at odds with the rather 'polite' pickup tone.
    Sounds like a very niche gap in the market for a pickup manufacturer to look at. Would it even be possible to rewind pickups that shape to have a bit more balls?
    Tim
    tFB Trader
    timmypix said:
    normula1 said:
    Sounds like a very niche gap in the market for a pickup manufacturer to look at. Would it even be possible to rewind pickups that shape to have a bit more balls?
    Not many were made/sold ... and I think most folks who have them would prefer to keep them original. It might be possible to rewind those pickups to have a little more balls ... but given the limited space in the cover, the limited market, and the high value of original pickups ... it'd not be worth while messing about with.
    Having taken one of the V2 pickups to bits before now the construction is nothing ground breaking, just two single coil pickups arranged in a V and wired like a P Bass, so one coil does the treble strings and one the bass ... and together they make a humbucker because they are RWRP.