Songs to own up to liking but shouldn't...

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72337
    Spandau Ballet's first album Journeys To Glory is excellent. Diamond wasn't too bad... they just went downhill after that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5854
    ICBM said:
    Spandau Ballet's first album Journeys To Glory is excellent. Diamond wasn't too bad... they just went downhill after that.
    Journey's to Glory is a pearler, yes, and they certainly changed after Diamond, for sure. It's interesting that the first Single from Diamond "Chant no 1" was released nearly a year before the Album it was on. I think the musicianship and songwriting was still strong throughout their career though. 

It irritates me when radio stations play "True" and "Gold" as the "Go to" S.B songs, sure they are decent songs but it's like they never released anything else, so fecking predictable.

Parade had some great tunes on it and one of their later singles "How Many Lies" from Through the Barricades is one of their very best, some nice guitar work as always by Gary Kemp.

:)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    The Cardigans "Lovefool".  I kind of wish I could marry that girl every time I hear it.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

DulcetJones said:

The Cardigans "Lovefool".  I kind of wish I could marry that girl every time I hear it.
    No-one should feel embarrassed about liking The Cardigans for any reason :). They're just a really good band.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Stan Ridgeway Camouflage, so much cheese in one song but I always have to listen to the whole thing.
    Nearly as much as Crocketts theme....................

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    A vague memory of @decker saying that Chesney Hawkers song had more chords than any other song he'd ever have to learn.

I do like Karen Carpenter's voice. Some of the arrangements aren't to my taste ( lots of OTT piano parts where Richard was trying to re-assert himself and cheesy strings) but easily one of my all time favorite singers.

Presumably there is a thread like this on mumsnet where the answers are songs by Anthrax and Jeff Beck and Jimi Hendrix...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Blue (Da Ba Dee)
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I like that Paul Hardcastle song.

It will be a terrible shame when the BBC ban it.     
    :-S

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Nearly all of the ABBA catalog
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    There are only about two ABBA songs I don't like. One of them is 'Tiger', and I can't remember what the other one is…

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    Adding a recent one to the list - Let It Go from the Disney film Frozen. Despite my usual thing being metal this was my favourite song of 2013.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272
    edited May 2014
    Leona Lewis's version of Run,especially the live lounge performance.I remember hearing it live and was mesmerised by it.
    She's got her knockers (fnar fnar) but that girl can sing.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960

Looks like the drummer was so embarrased they didn't even turn up.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    guitarfishbay;237574" said:

Looks like the drummer was so embarrased they didn't even turn up.
    They really have taken wearing the 'wider trouser' to a whole new level on this clip, haven't they?
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    /\  remember trying to pack my Oxford Bags bottoms into a pair of springy bike clips and tootle off round me girlfriends...always ended in tears.... and me chain...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Coldplay - The Scientist.

For once, Chris Martin's dreary deadpan delivery actually suits the song and makes it somehow uplifting, instead of just annoying like usual.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    ICBM;238435" said:
    Coldplay - The Scientist.
    Could not agree more. Love that song - for reasons I don't fully understand I 'seem to have something in my eye' pretty much every time I hear it.

I'm not an uber fan - I've only downloaded two or three of their songs - but at their best I think they are very good (much like U2).
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921

Most Chris De Burgh.

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    NO.  People who can't appreciate ABBA should be ashamed of admitting it.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom