New TS808 with Boost!

What's Hot
samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Good to see the boost is selectable between pre/post.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks fantastic (visually) and I like the idea.  

But I'd rather it had a dual Boss pedal format, rather than mechanical switching.  No doubt it'll be costly, so you wouldn't want it to break down.

It does look great, though, instant collectible? 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    Sweet. Ibanez is doing what Fender did with the 5 way switch. I.e. wait about 20 years until everyone else is doing it and then announce it as a brand new proprietary feature. :D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    so...GAK has it for £189...too pricey for my taste...but then again, i'm not an OD junky...i guess there are some people who would pay that.
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    So that means the Fulldrive 3 is cheaper! Interesting.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    Definitely seems to be a Fulldrive influence with the 18V option as well.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 908
    Does it really need to be so big? I don't like carrying around big, heavy pedalboards any more.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

And the odd on @not_the_dj being among the first to get one has just shortened.... :P

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mike_l said:

And the odd on @not_the_dj being among the first to get one has just shortened.... :P

Ha ha ha, no not me (seriously).

It is a great feature though. The T-Rex Gristle King was a key part of my set-up for ages and this is pretty similar.

Size is probably ok if both the overdrive and boost sides are good and you would have a separate overdrive and boost otherwise.  That was the problem with the Fulldrive for me.  I never used the boost side on it, and it was too big for a single pedal.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    not_the_dj;239671" said:
    mike_l said:

not_the_dj said:

Good to see the boost is selectable between pre/post.And the odd on @not_the_dj being among the first to get one has just shortened.... :P

Ha ha ha, no not me (seriously).

It is a great feature though. The T-Rex Gristle King was a key part of my set-up for ages and this is pretty similar.
    I think I should have bought yours! Fairly sure T Rex no longer make them and they are back to being special orders off some guy who builds them for Greg Koch.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    crunchman said:
    Size is probably ok if both the overdrive and boost sides are good and you would have a separate overdrive and boost otherwise. 
    Yeah I suppose. I'd also like the option to use the boost independently (not sure if it has that or not) or, for me anyway, it wouldn't be as useful as two separate pedals.

Whether it needs to be as big as that is debatable, though. I guess though if too small you'd have trouble hitting the separate switches...
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Anybody want to guess when the first clone will hit the streets ?. Leaving aside the probability it is a clone, of course :D dilbert.
    Dave_Mc said:
    crunchman said:
    Size is probably ok if both the overdrive and boost sides are good and you would have a separate overdrive and boost otherwise. 
    Yeah I suppose. I'd also like the option to use the boost independently (not sure if it has that or not) or, for me anyway, it wouldn't be as useful as two separate pedals.

Whether it needs to be as big as that is debatable, though. I guess though if too small you'd have trouble hitting the separate switches...
    Link says boost can be used independently so it's basically two separate pedals in one box but you only need one power supply etc.  Convenient if both parts are good.

So it really is just like the Gristle King (but without the Gravy)

edited May 2014
    crunchman said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    crunchman said:

Link says boost can be used independently so it's basically two separate pedals in one box but you only need one power supply etc.  Convenient if both parts are good.
    Yeah agreed. Will be interesting to see what the price is, though. :))
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    189...to me thats pricey...if you were to buy TS808 and a big name boost probably good price...but given the great clones and derivatives in the market, it seems too high a price to pay
    The street price might come down a bit when it's been out a few months and there are more of them around.

The Xotic SL drive has come down from what it was when it first came out.  With all the hype the dealers couldn't get them in fast enough and they could sell them for whatever price they liked.

With the FD3 at £159 most places though I'm not sure that they will sell many of these at £189.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited May 2014
    I'm sure the Joyo version will be coming out soon at wallet friendly prices.
    samzadgan said:
    189...to me thats pricey...if you were to buy TS808 and a big name boost probably good price...but given the great clones and derivatives in the market, it seems too high a price to pay
    Agreed- compared to Ibanez's prices, it's probably fairly reasonable. If you're ok with a clone or derivative, as you said, it sounds pretty steep.