NGD and a question

sellisnbasellisnba Frets: 7
edited May 2014 in Guitar
Hi all
I thought i would share a completely unexpected GAS. I have been out amp shopping in recent weeks and on this particular day decided to pop into a music shop to try a few amps. As i was in a rush to get out of the house i forgot to pick up my guitar . So whilst in the shop i decided to try this guitar through a few amps, I mean whats the worst that can happen? 
Long story short i ended up leaving the shop with the guitar but not a new amp.

My question is, does anybody know much about the Ibanez sz320 series 
Thanks in advance
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    what do you want to know?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • i have a 520, as @meltedbuzzbox said what would you like to know?
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
    it is what it is really. basic mahogany bodied, maple neck, rosewood board double cutaway guitar. I had one myself and I really liked it. sounded and played great. Can't remember why I sold it to be honest
  • sellisnbasellisnba Frets: 7
    Apologies my question was abit vague.  I'm just trying to find some info on general specs of the guitar. I know it was built in 06 at the same factory as the prs se models. (I've been told this by the seller but not sure how accurate it is).
    Does anybody know what sort of profile the neck is, what size frets etc etc. Ive had a scout round the Internet and it seems like they are well regarded. 
    Just wondered what people who own them think.
    cheers
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    25.1 scale length iirc and the middle switch position is tapped neck and bridge combined. Quite a chunky neck and 12" radius I think. I had one and loved its sustain can't for the life on me remember why I sold it now? The latter ones dropped to 24.75 scale.
  • http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/SZ320 specs at the bottom, click the sz neck section for measurements
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    edited May 2014
    ^ was going to link to that, good call.

Also, from the Ibanez site: image

Ah that's a bit small- here's the link to the Ibanez site (from the 2006 catalogue): http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=274&now=11
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    I had a blue 520. Nice guitars, lots of sustain and well built.