New simplified rig....

What's Hot
d8md8m Frets: 2434
I've done some major downsizing lately and now my rig is:

TU-2>DS-2>Digidelay

cant help but think I need one more pedal though!

suggestions?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Volume pedal!
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    An amp might help?
    ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    I've cut mine down too, TU-2, Jekyll & Hyde, TC Flashback.
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    I got rid of my Boss GT8, and now i'm just using a Polytune into a Hughes and Kettner Duotone. Went from having unlimited mediocre sounds, to three amazing sounds. I will add a couple of pedals in the near future, but still want to keep that uncomplicated vibe going.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    I got rid of my Boss GT8, and now i'm just using a Polytune into a Hughes and Kettner Duotone. Went from having unlimited mediocre sounds, to three amazing sounds. I will add a couple of pedals in the near future, but still want to keep that uncomplicated vibe going.
    I know right!

This time a year ago I was running a 12 pedal chain and only scratched the surface of the pedals sound possibilities.

By downsizing and shifting my focus to fewer pedals I'm exploring the sound possibilities much more whilst keeping things much simpler.

• JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 439
    A decent tremolo pedal is a worthy addition. :)
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Flanger. Will cover subtle chorus type sounds, a nice bit of whoosh when required and can be set up weird for those 'WTF?' moments.  
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    Fulltone choral flange. Theres not a bad sound in them
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I cut mine down to Polytune - Lazy J Cruiser - TC Flashback X4. But have decided to add a Hardwire Supernatural.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    I did this about a year ago, went from a full Flightcase Warehouse XXL board down to five pedals - Polytune Mini > Big Bite Overdrive > Carbon Copy > Deluxe Memory Boy > Line 6 Verbzilla. Liberating not having to worry about all the other shite I used to have on there and my tone is definitely better for it too!
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    mike257 said:
    I did this about a year ago, went from a full Flightcase Warehouse XXL board down to five pedals - Polytune Mini > Big Bite Overdrive > Carbon Copy > Deluxe Memory Boy > Line 6 Verbzilla. Liberating not having to worry about all the other shite I used to have on there and my tone is definitely better for it too!

the big bite is pretty awesome
    Thinking of adding the Hardwire Overdrive as the finishing touch!

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Gagaryn said:
    . But have decided to add a Hardwire Supernatural.
    This.  Astonishing range of ambient and 'just in the background' tones from these.  If you fancy an OD I have just picked up one of @Handsomerik 's modded Soul Foods and it is v. nice.
    Richardj said:
    Gagaryn said:
    . But have decided to add a Hardwire Supernatural.
    This.  Astonishing range of ambient and 'just in the background' tones from these.  If you fancy an OD I have just picked up one of @Handsomerik 's modded Soul Foods and it is v. nice.
    Had a Soul Food but flipped it as it just didnt really do anything for me.

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    Same here, it was nice enough - just didn't do much that I needed with my current amp.

As it stands, my pedalboard is the most complex it's been for a long time;

Hendrix 70th Fuzz Face > Liquid Sunshine > TC Alter Ego

I've not really had a proper board before, but I'm slowly putting one together. The next few on my list are a Polytune; TC Ditto looper; and a Zoom MS-70CDR, as I hear they have really good 'verb tones in them. Not too sure if I'll add any beyond that, maybe a Wah again - although I rarely feel the need for one. :)
    edited May 2014
    Just did some modifications to the new rig(lasted a whole day!)

Dropped the digidelay in favour of a G3!

In keeping with the intention of a simpler rig I now request the mods hide the classifieds from my account!

=))

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Timeline, möbius, lazy J cruiser Deuce and a comp. That's it. Simple but loads of sounds only a click away :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • d8m;243477" said:
    Just did some modifications to the new rig(lasted a whole day!)

Dropped the digidelay in favour of a G3!

In keeping with the intention of a simpler rig I now request the mods hide the classifieds from my account!

=))
    How's the g3 as a delay?

I'm constantly tempted by the ms70cdr because of @drew_fx, the particle verb sounds awesome.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    timmysoft said:
    mike257 said:

the big bite is pretty awesome
    It really is.  He stopped making them a while ago but I think he's toying with the idea of picking it up again.  I've been mucking about with the board again this week, think my Joyo OCD clone will sneak back on, although only if I can get a useful low gain sound I'm happy with.  I've been running my amp on the edge of dirty and using the on-board boost but I'm missing having a proper clean sound too.  If I get it all done this weekend I'll stick it in the pedalboards thread!