ambience vst problem

What's Hot
ive been trying to download this free plug in but i cant seem to manage it. 
The best i can get is copy and paste from the download file to the vst plug in file. (The file does not say dll !.)
 when it says unzip from my account does that just mean click on the download?
 when it says run or save, if i click on run then my internet explore stops working, if i click on the ambience file in the downloads page it just opens lots of explorer pages and keeps going till i shut the computer down? Any help with any of this, maybe im doing something wrong, could anyone describe in simpleton terms how they managed to download this plugin. Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FazerFazer Frets: 467
    maybe post the link?

as far as i recall ambience is pretty old as well, maybe there are some better freeware reverbs, like
    http://www.voxengo.com/product/oldskoolverb/
    http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=1220
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Thanks for your help mate, i must be doing something wrong. Ive downloaded the link you gave ie The first one! and it was in the download file. im looking to put it in Reaper. Its not in Vst,or Steinberg. If i click on the download (oldskoolverb) my computer goes nuts, opens explorer pages until i shut it down. Do i copy and paste from the download to the plugins file? i tried this with ambience but it didnt work.
  • FazerFazer Frets: 467
    hmmm, those links just give a zip download which you unzip into a vst folder.
    they shouldnt be generating weird explorer page openings
    I will have to have another try tonight. Totally drove me crackers last night and im none the wiser. Thank you very much for your help. 
    According to google i may have clicked on Open with .. Internet explorer.. with box checked to always use this application. So everytime i click on a zip file IE tries to open it over and over which causes the flashing . 
     was thinking of resetting IE  to undo any of the mistakes ive applied. Would i lose anything in Reaper ie Vsts already put in or would all this stuff be safe. ? Cheers
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22118
    If you have set it so that Zip files open with IE, then all you have to do is change that. 

-Right click on the Zip file and click on Properties.
    -On Windows 7, it states what program will open that file. Change it to whatever program you use to handle zip files. 

edited May 2014
    If you have set it so that Zip files open with IE, then all you have to do is change that. 

-Right click on the Zip file and click on Properties.
    -On Windows 7, it states what program will open that file. Change it to whatever program you use to handle zip files. 
    Thanks mate, will give this a go tonight. Incidentally what programme should i use to handle zip files? I will have a google !  Thanks again.
    @Heartfeltdawn, Thank You! Your suggestion worked and saved me a lot of grief . Ive managed to get a couple of reverbs into Reaper.
    I dont know if it makes any difference but 2 of the reverbs i thought id deleted reappeard and so i copied and pasted them into reaper also, they both work but unlike the the other vsts they  have (86) and bridged next to them. Is this ok? 
    @JAYJO What operating system are you running? 32-bit or 64-bit?

@Heartfeltdawn                 Ive been using 64 bit.
    @jayjo Ah, so the plugins that have x86 next to them are 32-bit plugs and Reaper is bridging them across. They should work OK. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @jayjo Ah, so the plugins that have x86 next to them are 32-bit plugs and Reaper is bridging them across. They should work OK. 
    Great!  Thanks very much for your help!!