Pigtronix Echolution 2 Deluxe

menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

Anybody got one?  I've tried a Timeline and was pretty close to buying it the other day, but this having looked at the demos of this I'm quite intrigued. This looks a bit more manual, where you build the delay up yourself with filters and LFO's, rather than pre-determined ' machines'.
It's also quite a bit cheaper so it's suddenly on my radar.  Clips sound great but nowhere to try them close so I'd have to get it online.

Opinions?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    I have one  I bought from @wazmeister, for whom it had too many options. The hell with that, I thought - bring on the options.

Since when I've hardly spent any time with it, so I can't give you a full review. The few presets I've tried sound terrific and I'm only scratching the surface of what it can do. I can see why Waz found it too much bother...not that it's that complicated (looks pretty intuitive) but it does so much. Then again, so does the Big Sky and no one complains about that being overwhelming

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    It must be an age thing for me... or maybe it's just my learning style...

I'm preferring simple pedals; too many knobs and options for me tend to confuse the issue, but more importantly, stop me finding one or two really good sounds. Instead, some pedals (and the E2 was one of em) end up becoming a jack of all trades...

I've just received my Cali 76, and whilst it sounds very very impressive, I find myself not actually really grasping what each knobs does in reality. I can see this one being moved on too. Who know... early days...

As ever, YMMV...
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    It must be an age thing for me... or maybe it's just my learning style...

I'm preferring simple pedals; too many knobs and options for me tend to confuse the issue, but more importantly, stop me finding one or two really good sounds. Instead, some pedals (and the E2 was one of em) end up becoming a jack of all trades...

I've just received my Cali 76, and whilst it sounds very very impressive, I find myself not actually really grasping what each knobs does in reality. I can see this one being moved on too. Who know... early days...

As ever, YMMV...
    The three on the left - set and forget. They don't sound much different wherever you put them. The output and input are what to fiddle with. The sound from that box beats any comp I've had by a distance

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298

As ever, YMMV...
    Ooh!  Tag me when you do Warren please.