Ever been moved to tears at a gig?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• stedsted Frets: 259
    Watched Bonamassa at the RAH and they charged me ten quid for a glass of champagne at the interval, cried all the way through the 2nd set.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Gary Moore playing the messiah will come again Hammersmith
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    DiscoStu said:
    Portishead performing 'Roads' at the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh.
    Caught me surprise, I can tell you!

Roads is my all time favourite song and gets me each time I hear it.  The one time I was around and got tickets to go and see them, about two hours before we due to leave I slashed my leg open and spent the time of the gig having it put back together.  That moved me to tears.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26988
    REM and Springsteen have both sent me over the edge. I'm sure others have too.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26579
    Only once - the first time I saw my old band play after I'd quit. They were playing at a festival, and they played my favourite song (the one which made me join in the first place). I had no idea that I'd formed such an emotional attachment to that song...it really took me by surprise.

They're supporting us at tonight's gig...I should be able to keep it together ;)
    <space for hire>
  • tbmtbm Frets: 579

Only once - the first time I saw my old band play after I'd quit. They were playing at a festival, and they played my favourite song (the one which made me join in the first place). I had no idea that I'd formed such an emotional attachment to that song...it really took me by surprise.

They're supporting us at tonight's gig...I should be able to keep it together ;)
    This post ade me cry! Be strong, dude.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    Most recently (and most dramatically) was when I saw Roger Daltrey performingTommy a couple of years or so back. 

Not so much the material or the performance (although both were spellbinding), more that it turns out I have a lot of childhood memories of my late brother bound up with that piece of work and they came back in an utterly overwhelming 3D, iMax, Dolby Surround flood.

Music can do that to you...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319

Engineered Midge Ure at the IGF years ago; I've never been a fan of his work particularly and had only a passing familiarity with 'Dancing (With Tears In My Eyes). After he'd explained the inspiration for writing it and then performed it on an acoustic guitar with vocals dripping with reverb I was blubbing into the sound desk.

I blame the fact that I'd just become a dad.

• tbmtbm Frets: 579
    Hugs all round guys.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    sted said:
    Watched Bonamassa at the RAH and they charged me ten quid for a glass of champagne at the interval, cried all the way through the 2nd set.

Shit! How much were the Quails eggs and Caviar? ;)
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071
    equalsql;247400" said:
    When I got a chance to see the Black Crowes in Manchester a couple of years ago,while Luther Dickson was playing with them (thanks to @Mudslide73). When they kicked off into 'Wiser Time' I definitely had a lump in my throat.
    That's weird because I was the opposite.. hairs on the arms etc. Top gig though mate :)

I'm a bit of a blubber usually and will go watching DIY Sos etc. but I've never gone at a gig.

"A city star won’t shine too far"