Alma Flamenca

barry2tonebarry2tone Frets: 212
edited August 2013 in Acoustics
This just gets my juices flowing.

"Pieces of wood, love, knowledge and 299 hours of work, condensed in a 3 minute film.."

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• birdobirdo Frets: 24
    That's brilliant .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very cool!  Flamenco is the hardest style I ever tried to learn, there's so much right hand technique, and the counting required if you want to play real traditional flamenco is so much more complex than the usual 4/4, and 3/4 beats.  The song the guitarist was playing in this was a "Bulerias", the most difficult of all flamenco forms.   I got away from it a few years ago but I was totally fanatical for a while, never sounded as good as this player.....

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• Awesome!
  • tonyrathtonyrath Frets: 51

I have been obsessed with flamenco for the last 3 years. It does improve you as a real guitar player though when you have mastered some of the techniques and the timings. 
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Flamenco is awesome. The Sadlers Wells festival normally has top guitar players. Tomatito and Vicente Amigo in the last two years. And if you get a chance to see Paco de Lucia take it. Now I'm in Madrid I'll watch a fair bit more.