'Oily Towers' ... all the latest from Oil City Pickups

What's Hot

Comments

• bigdawgbigdawg Frets: 51
    or could you pm guys that have them..?!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10389
    tFB Trader
    At the moment I'm winding pickups into the wee small hours I'm soooooo busy, so it's going to have to be a bit of a 'round to it' job doing more clips ... they take up an insane amount of time to do well.
    As a one man business my priority has to be getting the stuff out that has been ordered.
    I believe the clip of the HardMan was driving the clean channel of my Laney LC30 quite hard ... at 4 or 5 volume wise. So a basically a spitting tube amp driven with a pokey pickup  :)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

last question the  Calibre .53 and shortly Calibre .532 sets you mentioned are these for strat or teles?!?!

Now got to go away and decide what I need tele wise...
    tFB Trader
    Strats ... though plans are under way for a .52 Tele Bridge.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

with an Alnico 3??

tFB Trader
    .52 ... alnico 5 bass strings alnico 2 treble.

last question... honest - the honky tonk neck - output??

Ive got to say Ive looked at the twin magnet pups before but being left handed they wouldnt work properly, in fact would have the total opposite effect to what it should!

just found the answer to my own question on your site - ta

tFB Trader
    bigdawg said:
    last question... honest - the honky tonk neck - output??

Ive got to say Ive looked at the twin magnet pups before but being left handed they wouldnt work properly, in fact would have the total opposite effect to what it should!

I think you are going for an award with the left hand pickup thing :) as I wind them for you, all you need to do is request a left handed set and you will get the magnets the other way around. No extra charge.

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Humbucker size Single-coil: possible? :)
    edited October 2013 tFB Trader

ddlooping said:
    Humbucker size Single-coil: possible? :)

Single coil as in strat or P90?
    I was thinking strat. :)
    tFB Trader
    East enough to put a 50mm spaced Strat pickup in that cover :)

I got an idea, will give you a call tomorrow if that's ok. ;)
    tFB Trader
    cool

• My Blitz Spirits arrived today and went straight into the Les Paul. Quite simply, they're freaking awesome!
    Gigging them this Saturday so will report in detail then but they're exactly what I was looking for. Cheers! :)
    tFB Trader
    Pleased you like em ... I like this job :)

Another job well done, Ash. :)
  • My nightfighter (Best name ever ;)) arrived this week Ash, (was workinh away all week) so will eventually do a report when I get it into an axe...
    Cant wait man,
    cheers
    Aidan
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    The Thames Delta Tele neck and Cow-T-Ron arrived safe and sound and I have just had time to fit them.  The Thames Delta is lovely, smooth, punchy, but not too bright - like it.

The Cow-T-Ron is on another level however, I was so disappointed with the stock Fender Enforcer in my 'hog Tele that I had a sound in my head, wasn't totally sure how to find it and hoped this would be close.  My friend you have totally nailed it!  It is everything I wanted to hear and a bit more.

If anyone is looking for great pickups, 'phone or email Ash. Quality and service above and beyond the norm.

Cheers,  Richard