Purple Melon..

equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6110

No I'm not boasting.. 'They' are a British rock band in the traditional 70s sense.. and are rather good.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Nice one   :)

Love the second track, so many great influences, what's not to like.  It even sounds good on my iMac  :D

edited June 2014
    Sounds to me like they have a good commercial model.

Drawing strongly on stylistic influences to create a slightly deja vu catalogue of new material.  Also leveraging Brit-ness in the US market.  Great image too.  All in all a good strategy IMO.
    I wonder how they are doing ?

YouTube playlist of 17 songs for y'all   (hopefully it works on here = no it only plays one song, so just copy address into your browser and delete the space I put in after https: and hopefully it will work great, well worth a listen IMHO)
    https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL9vgLGZO6A&list=UUOGy1D30kbs5CmXa50m-OfA

or try
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfeTf-9Kpqg&list=UUOGy1D30kbs5CmXa50m-OfA&index=1

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6110

Thanks for the playlist link @ChrisMusic.

Their album is very cheap on Amazon.. just hope that's not a bad sign for the band cos they deserve some real success.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    No worries, just thought I'd put it out there, maybe gather a bit more support, you never know.

Great music, good writing, a strong image, and a good strategy for your target market, all should pay dividends.

This is the fickle music business, and unfortunately they never have been a guarantee of success, as has been proven so many times.

I agree totally they do deserve some real success, I wish them all the best  :)

• funkyfrazfunkyfraz Frets: 93
    edited July 2014
    ex-band mate used to play drums with them. Outstandin drummer! Band sounds prettty good actually!