Dunlop tortex

What's Hot
relic245relic245 Frets: 962
When did they sop making the .96mm pink ones?

I've used these for years and suddenly can't get em anymore. One website says the were discontinued in 2006 but I know I bought a pile about a year ago. Unless there was a dealer with a mountain if them.

Some how the 1 mm are too thick.

Might have to resort to sandpaper .......
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10694
    I got 100 custom ones made by steve clayton picks; it was 40 usd for 100 and you can pit your own logo on them. They do all the colours/sizes - it's called deltrex or something, not tortex, but it's identical. Heartily recommended.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    Delrin?
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    That's the one.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    I used one of those for years until I found the Jazz iii. After a very short while if found it a vast improvement. Picked notes were clearer and the tone was better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

If you are looking for other plectrums then it might be useful to know that Delrin is a trade name for acetal resin, so if you see it refered to that that way you'll know it's the same thing.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a plastics anorak.

• NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    SNAKEBITE said:

If you are looking for other plectrums then it might be useful to know that Delrin is a trade name for acetal resin, so if you see it refered to that that way you'll know it's the same thing.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a plastics anorak.

Yep, and they use Delrin for some friction bearing parts in chronograph watch movements.

Sorry I'm a watch anorak. 
    ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    They also use delrin to make zippers on outdoorswear.

Sorry I'm an anorak anorak.
    All practice and no theory
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    The Dunlop Ultex Jazz III picks are fantastic, as are all their Ultex picks - my favourite Dunlop plastic. Before they introduced it I used nothing but Tortex greens.

Recently I've been using the thinnest picks that Hell Guitars sell, and they're my current favourites, even if they do wear a bit faster. They are all splinky splanky twangy brangy; Ultex Jazz III is the pick equivalent of striking a fine bell with a little hammer.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696

I liked the Ultex picks, esp the .75mm ones but Ive gone off them now. I find you can get the same type of thing with the Dunlop sharps :)

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    I swap between Ultex Jazz III 2.0s and Maxgrip Jazz IIIs. The Dunlop blokes at the Birmingham show gave me 1 of everything Jazz III shaped that I didn't already have. I like Tortex 1.35 Jazz IIIs and EJs too.. I can't play std picks any more. I used to use Herco Flex 75s but they feel massive to me now.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"