• johnnyurq said:
    All titanium, a snip at only $1,150.13!!! :-O
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    I know it is nuts.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    All titanium would outlast you, the guitar and probably your kids.I got to 1176 with a stonetone trem block.   
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Much as I have absolutely no need for this. Now I know it exists I have a horrible suspicion that I'm now on some hideous collision course with getting an £800 Floyd Rose..

That I'll sell on, unused, for £250...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Just get Billy Gibbons to sign it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12669
    Or Bonamassive

I
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    Evilmags said:
    All titanium would outlast you, the guitar and probably your kids.I got to 1176 with a stonetone trem block.   
    :))

I remember that stone sustain block company posted on rig-talk a while back and got the piss ripped mercillessly out of it for spouting what looked suspiciously like pseudo-scientific drivel (in my opinion, allegedly etc. )
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Dave_Mc said:
    Evilmags said:

I remember that stone sustain block company posted on rig-talk a while back and got the piss ripped mercillessly out of it for spouting what looked suspiciously like pseudo-scientific drivel (in my opinion, allegedly etc. )
    Just checked it out, apparently they claim that fitting one will reduce signal loss from guitar to amp by 30% !

Flipping genius, now I really want one..
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    DrBob;264446" said:
    Dave_Mc said:

Evilmags said:

Just checked it out, apparently they claim that fitting one will reduce signal loss from guitar to amp by 30% !

It probably will but, as your current signal loss (attributable to bridge materials) is probably about 0.10%, you may find that 30% of that doesn't make all that much difference ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1750
    I'm feeling quite impressed that my quote only came to $539.

Bargain !
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26703
    edited June 2014
    All joking aside, I've been toying with the idea of a flat-mounted Floyd Rose bolted to the body as a fixed bridge (with a locking nut at the other end, of course). I don't like trems, but I love the stability of a Floyd. Of course, it'd have to have a D-Tuna as well for me, but...I just wish the Floyd itself didn't look so damn ugly. If they could do something which was less intrusive but keep the fine-tuners, that would be a good reason for a custom shop.

Side note: $1184.07. 
    <space for hire>
  • johnnyurq said:
    I know it is nuts.
    No, bridges.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    johnnyurq said:
    I know it is nuts.
    No, bridges.
    Well played sir, LOL awarded.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    DrBob said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    Evilmags said:

IIRC they made some ludicrous claims about metal being a liquid and stone being a solid.

Just checked the thread now and there have been a bunch of new posts since I last checked. Oh well, that's tonight over for me :))
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Is one of the options for it not to be a Floyd?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1309
    $1204.55!  I think I win.  Incredible that a lump of stone (what stone?) can cost the same as titanium though.  Also how long before someone offers these 3d printed in titanium?
  • The non Custom-Shoppe Titanium ones!

Model #: FRTTI | Made in USA
    $1,285.00 MSRP (Starting At) - See more at: http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/tremolos/6:titanium-series/titanium#sthash.UzSEsDNL.dpuf
    Starting at $1285:00. MRSP

Looks like we all bagged a bargain ;)

$1,285.00 MSRP (Starting At) - See more at: http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/tremolos/6:titanium-series/titanium#sthash.UzSEsDNL.dpuf

$1,285.00 MSRP$
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    I went cheap all the way and still finished up at $330.  ;))