Embarrassing guitars I want regardless

What's Hot

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    ^ Nice :D
    Bidley said:
    Why feel guilty? You like what you like, fuck everyone else.
    +1.

As long as you don't like murdering people or something like that, obviously. But yeah, this guilty pleasure guff annoys me. "You can only like that ironically!" Go away. I don't make snide remarks about what you like.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72513
    Here's my embarrassing guitar I want regardless...

http://www.gpguitars.com/system/spree/products/162/original/IMG_2713.jpg

Of course it will only happen after an equally embarrassing lottery win.

Actually I'm not embarrassed. I don't have guilt about liking stuff either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Everyone should have dragons in their life.

Dragons traditionally symbolize potent and auspicious powers. The dragon is also a symbol of power, strength, and good luck for people who are worthy of it.

Their mythology fulfils a deep subconscious role in the human psyche.

It needs one more toe to fulfil imperial status, that one is for nobles.  Very nice inlay work though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I know, but it just says "very rich guitar owner with no taste" in this case ;). Although it would look much better with tarnished hardware and playing wear... which I would have no hesitation about exposing it to! It would go nicely with the Chinese silk dragon waistcoat I used to wear on stage too :). (More subtle than that sounds, it's not exactly Jimmy Page!)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    ICBM said:It would go nicely with the Chinese silk dragon waistcoat I used to wear on stage too :). (More subtle than that sounds, it's not exactly Jimmy Page!)
    I'm sorry, that is worthy of a thread of it's own :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    ICBM said:
    It would go nicely with the Chinese silk dragon waistcoat I used to wear on stage too :). (More subtle than that sounds.....
    Well that really depends on the rest of the outfit that went with it to a large degree.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    edited June 2014
    It's much less exciting than you think :). A black waistcoat covered with small gold dragons - from a distance it just looks 'patterned' really. I used to wear it with a black T-shirt and black 501s.

But I did sometimes colour my hair something mad as well ;).

Anyway, enough! :D This is an embarrassing guitar thread, not a stagewear thread :-P.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bucket;267949" said:
    I think the rising sun-finish Dean would be pretty much the ultimate hair metal guitar. It's actually the old signature model for Matt from Trivium, but I think it'd look much better in a Loudness tribute band (actually, it'd be PERFECT for that)...
    I've played a USA one, it was heavy as hell because of the sheer size, but balanced really great (massive headstock?) and sounded amazing.

And is one of the best sig guitar paint jobs I've seen, too. Not just because I love trivium, that's just a great looking guitar full stop.

@icbm I think you need to begin an elaborate stagewear thread ;)
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2169
    I've always wanted to play jazz standards with one of these
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    DrJazzTap said:
    I've always wanted to play jazz standards with one of these

"you;l have someones eye out with that"

that looks severly dangerous,

• littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
    edited June 2014
    I want a mid 80's single humbucker Japanese fender Strat with a locking tremolo. There is one in my local guitar shop that someone ruined(?) with scalloped frets. It's black though, and I want the pink one.
    Edit:
    This lovely thing
    http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/attachments/stratocaster-discussion-forum/89189d1388887575-japanese-strat-value-fender1.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    I think Al Di Meola did actually gig a PRS Dragon for a while. They are utterly ridiculous but I can´t help but admire the work and skill that has gone into the inlay work.
    edited June 2014
    ICBM said:
    Here's my embarrassing guitar I want regardless...

http://www.gpguitars.com/system/spree/products/162/original/IMG_2713.jpg

Of course it will only happen after an equally embarrassing lottery win.

Actually I'm not embarrassed. I don't have guilt about liking stuff either.
    Lemme get this straight, you find the bog standard figured top PRSes too ostentatious, right?

I owned this ^^^ and couldn't give a shiny what people thought...shame the sod wouldn't stay in tune!
    That's awesome :)) IIRC the guitarist review said the vintage tremolo model wouldn't stay in tune.

I have a star too, but with a floyd. it's very nice :))
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495

What about a Wayne? I want one and I don't feel guilty! image

Get rid of that massive trem and stick a couple of P90s or JM pickups on there and I'd be up for that one... oh, and a few more controls.
    Dave_Mc said:
    Lemme get this straight, you find the bog standard figured top PRSes too ostentatious, right?
    lol

Yes.

This is different.

:)

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I once got laughed at when I asked if a guitar shop had a full length mirror. Ive never understood why they dont. 
    I think this is actually a good idea :D
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    edited June 2014
    ^ Me too :))

ICBM said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    lol

Yes.

This is different.

:)
    :)) :)

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

Nope, I'm definitely comfortable with my Marks and Spencer, National Trust image. I just cant even think of an embarrassing guitar even for a joke. 

Jesus, all I have left to look forward to is meals on wheels :(

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    looks more like a Klingon instrument ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Bucket said:
    I once got laughed at when I asked if a guitar shop had a full length mirror. Ive never understood why they dont. 
    I think this is actually a good idea :D
    Blimey, it really is...