WENT TO FELINE GUITARS YESTERDAY

What's Hot
GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2349
edited June 2014 in Guitar tFB Trader

Went up to South London yesterday to deliver some bodies and necks also went in to Feline Guitars for a cup of tea with Jonathan. While I was there a young lady and her mum turned up to collect a guitar Feline were fitting new pickups in not sure what else they were doing to the guitar but if Feline read this I’m sure he will enlighten us on the mods she was having done. 

Any way I ask Jonathan if the young lady played in a band and who she was he did not know her real name but her stage name was Commander in chief. Jonathan Googled Commander in chief and show me a video of her playing a guitar duel with Thomas Valeur. I’ll say no more just watch.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I need to stop making assumptions! I was ready for some cheesy rock widdling over a nylon string, but no! Great stuff, it just shows the shape of a guitar has nothing to do with how it sounds! Great video!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
    Nice.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • asimmdasimmd Frets: 115
    Absolutely excellent.
  • Wow, nice find!
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Good Lord.

Despite being in a gigging band, sharing lead duties, being solidly rhythm, and obv being paid for it, and very definitely not wishing to tot up the £££££££'s worth of gear I've got, and have spent over the years, I've just concluded I can not play the guitar.

Bugger.

A marvellous watch 'though.

"You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I share your last sentiment there JD. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    Been posted somewhere here before, but well worth repeating.

Makes you sick that talent like this goes unrecognised by the vast majority of people.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ElxElx Frets: 412
    Ok, but can she play da blooz? ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Wow, wasn't expecting to even make it through to the end, thought I would switch off after the gain kicked in and endless shredding started. Glad it didn't
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 996
    have seen that video before. they are fantastic musicians indeed  :D
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• stedsted Frets: 259
    That was magnificent, thanks for making me realise my playing is in the frigging dark ages!  :D
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    edited June 2014
    That was fantastic.

(great choice of amp too) :)

Now looking at her other vids on YT

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    edited June 2014
    jd0272 said:
    Good Lord.

Despite being in a gigging band, sharing lead duties, being solidly rhythm, and obv being paid for it, and very definitely not wishing to tot up the £££££££'s worth of gear I've got, and have spent over the years, I've just concluded I can not play the guitar.

Bugger.

yup :( ( although as not currently in a gigging... the strat's going on the bonfire later...)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    I'm eagerly awaiting her album, played her ep to death lol
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    edited June 2014
    jd0272 said:
    Good Lord.

Bugger.

yup :( ( although as not currently in a gigging... the strat's going on the bonfire later...)
    You mean play strats ? .I just look at them and sigh ....ahh .Just like I did when I saw my first real one in shop window .The window probably still has the teeth marks .
    I long ago gazed in wonderment at todays kids playing .If you start young with todays training aids and practice  the world is your oyste.......r along with all the other kids on YT.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    jd0272 said:
    Good Lord.

Bugger.

NOT TRUE! - I bet Steve Cropper can't play like her either... but I can play like Steve Cropper!

We all should embrace the level we are at and adjust to get the most out of it... Otherwise beginners would all fall at first hurdle!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Listening to her EP via Google Music now. I like how melodic her playing is - which is something I feel a lot of technical YT wizzkids lack. There's something about her playing - despite the result being quite different - that reminds me of Adrian Smith.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    That was fun! Very nicely put together video.
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    The commander in chief single isn't an instantly likeable song but it is deffo a grower