What strings on my new geetar.

TheDarkLordTheDarkLord Frets: 34
edited June 2014 in Guitar
I have just bought myself a new acoustic and need to know what kinda strings I should be having on it.

I guess you'll need some more detail to give an answer?  Well......

It's a Takamine electro acoustic.  G-Series.  One of the slimline things.  I just imported it from the US - as I couldn't find any in the UK.  I'm a bass player really, but I sing 1/4 of the songs in our pub band sets and I'd like to get a bit of singing practice in at open mic nights ...... accompanying myself on acoustic.  When I do play electric, I play Tele's exclusively!

I'm not the greatest of 6-string players, so it will be limited to plectrum-wielding strumming along rather than any lead or finger picking of any kind.

It will be plugged in but I'd also like to be able to have a nice "brang" when unplugged.  I suppose the slimline body compromises the acoustic sound somewhat, but you'd be surprised how good the bass end is ...... and its slimline body and nice neck make it feel like your playing an electric.

Anyway, I have no idea about acoustic strings - so some advice would be good.

Here it is BTW

Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments