A new format we've been working on...

What's Hot

Comments

• NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    Watched a bit of the beginning, looked good. Will look at the whole thing later.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    edited June 2014

Very nicely produced, presentation and presenters  good too. I enjoyed it.

I would have liked to see more detail shots of gear rather than the atmospheric vignettes and constantly moving shots.

Also whilst its good to know who is playing I don't need to have close ups of their head and shoulders for quite so long.

Agreed with earlier comments re lessons, techniques etc.

Feels very professional, which of course it is!

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Fretwired said:
    Sorry but there are just too many things wrong with this .. the obvious one being the fact it's a one hour video.
    I know. An hour of watchable stuff never really caught on, did it? Oh, wait...TV :P

Yes and No I suppose. A lot of the time tv is on and you dip in if something grabs your attention or if its an hour long programme then at least its a cohesive hour but this is little bits, a magazine programme like the guitar version of The One Show. It is also on the internet and youtube, so being watched by people who maybe don't expect to sit through an item on acoustic guitars to watch an amp review. 

There were bits I fast forwarded over and then missed the start of the bit I wanted to see and had to drag back a bit and... this is basically VHS functionality. At a bear minimum having the timings in the description would allow me to find what I want much easier. In the days of the original Guitarist dvds watching somebody review a guitar/amp/pedal in moving pictures was of sufficient novelty I'd watch everything but if I want to see a new Fender reviewed now do I faff about with this or find a 5 minute youtube clip that only does that guitar?

Having said all that I still liked what I watched!
    :o3
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MarkGAKMarkGAK Frets: 118
    capo4th said:
    Good stuff can you do a feature on the man from GAK's pedal juggling skills...
    Trust me, you really don't want to see that!
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    Thanks for the feedback so far... timing links now added to description! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    chrisv said:
    Thanks for the feedback so far... timing links now added to description! 
    @chrisv timing links are very useful.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    @chrisv = is this the beginnings of Guitarist et al moving to a 'paid for' digital subscription format only???
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Like it. The added timing links are great for someone like me, because I've rarely got time to watch a whole programme of this length. 

I think a real plus point point here is that there's far more focus on showing off the gear, rather than the demonstrators stealing the show as sometimes happens on other Youtube channels...

I've seen the single pup guitar roundup somewhere before, but I think it's a strong vid. so you're well within your rights to showcase it again.  
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited June 2014
    Nice, very slick reminds me of the Bike Show but for guitarists! Keep it coming....

• pickergpickerg Frets: 30
    I watched the single pickup guitar section yesterday and really enjoyed it, not realising it was part of a full show.  I'll definitely check the rest out.  Only negative thing is that it now has me badly gassing for a 50s Les Paul jr...
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    edited June 2014
    @chrisv - cracking stuff...by the way, on YouTube if you just add timings like 0:54 into the description it's easier for people to navigate (it skips the video you're playing, instead of loading a new page). YouTube automatically turns them into nav links :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @digitalscream now that is some useful YouTube info, many thanks  
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Just watched it I really enjoyed it especially considering it's the first episode. Keep it up.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Watched it and really enjoyed it, especially it now has the links to the various bits.

I look forward to seeing it develop.

Good work @chrisv and the rest of the team.
    Thanks guys
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272
    Really enjoyed that.Thanks.

Not really helped my gas much though.I really, really want a Les Paul Junior now.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    @chrisv That's really good. I'd like to know how you're planning to use the new format. I'm on the verge of cancelling my subscription when I saw another Joe Bonamassa article is due in next month's issue.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Really enjoyed that.Thanks.

Not really helped my gas much though.I really, really want a Les Paul Junior now.
    I agree - I thought Nev's demo and explanation of the tonal options was first rate.

@chrisv - I still think I'd chop the big video into smaller chunks and have a YouTube channel that shows them all and links them. You'll then get comments on each demo and people linking to individual videos. It's easier to link a single video on say Facebook with a comment "check out this Les Paul Junior" rather than "check on this Les Paul Junior by scrolling to 35.45" .. just my two cents.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    edited June 2014
    Fretwired said:
    @chrisv - I still think I'd chop the big video into smaller chunks and have a YouTube channel that shows them all and links them. You'll then get comments on each demo and people linking to individual videos. It's easier to link a single video on say Facebook with a comment "check out this Les Paul Junior" rather than "check on this Les Paul Junior by scrolling to 35.45" .. just my two cents.
    I think that's a good idea, but only after they've left the big version up there for a month. That way, you get the monthly release (which has a good chance of getting people into the other content there after they've seen the bit they were after) and then a library of old reviews which act as searchbait on YouTube.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    @chrisv comes across as a lovely fellow - but it seems a massive irony that Future are utilising the FB as a focus group!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom