Heads up on a bargain- Relic Strat neck

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    edited June 2014
    I must be missing an in joke here. Is MDPhillips infamous for stunts like this on this board?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Have a look at the link to the neck posted, then check out his other eBay listings ... I'll let you judge for yourself :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader

He is an infamous stunt.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12363
    edited June 2014
    I hate to say it, but that's actually one of his better ones. >:D<
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10268
    I love the way there's always a picture of him mugging for the camera in all his listings.

The narcissistic twat.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    I see...so he butchers perfectly good guitars and try to make a profit?
    edited June 2014
    RaymondLin;276571" said:
    I see...so he butchers perfectly good guitars and try to make a profit?
    Sort of. He generally starts with cheap guitars (and a lot of them seem to have damage so they probably cost peanuts). His "speciality" is adapting 7 stringers to use 6 strings, so he ends up with wider string spacing, for people with "sausage fingers". Trouble is he does it really badly. Bridges are bodged into shape and have horrible break angles, spare tuner holes are left empty, he recuts or butchers the nut (with an angle grinder by the looks of it). It seems he'll use any old things he has lying around to finish them, so they often have odd control knobs, screws etc. He also has a weird fetish for sticking Tele pickups into the neck position of previously humbuckered guitars, for no apparent reason. These abortions are then sold on, for not very cheap prices, to people who don't know any better and are presumably duped by his sales talk.

His eBay descriptions of how he wrestles with the complexities and engineering problems of these modifications make him sound like he knows what he's doing and he calls himself a professional; he plainly isn't however. When he was offered advice on how to do things properly by various people on here, some of whom actually are professionals and others who are very talented amateurs, he ignored everyone and implied his way was actually better. Like I said, a total cock.
  • Ianb62Ianb62 Frets: 22
    Don't want to reopen all this up again - but, I read through the ebay feedback - and there are lots of happy campers, amazing when some of the butchered creations are going for the price of a new/nearly new Squier, and more than some of the other cheaper brands- Stagg/Richmond etc - must say something about humanity, just not sure what
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9611
    What it says about humanity is "one born every minute".
    Yup it's amazing what he manages to sell. I put a perfectly decent Chinese Strat copy on here for £30, including a gig bag: no takers at all. Ended up taking it round the charity shop eventually. Yet people will pay a couple of hundred for one of those POS's. :-S
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    He actually called me a twat for questioning this neck, I said it was dangerous, especially at full tension, and asked if he would take it down, as some poor noob could get a machine Head in the eye, he wouldn't even consider the neck is anything but perfectly usable, I'm so tempted to buy it then send it back just to leave bad feedback lol
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread - but it appears he's given up trying to sell the neck and instead he's built a guitar with it ... 
  • xwolf5150xwolf5150 Frets: 180
    That's nasty ...
    edited July 2014
    I promise I am not currently praying it snaps off at one of the numerous weak points on the headstock and smacks his annoying wanky face!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72322
    Ianb62 said:
    must say something about humanity, just not sure what
    What Einstein said.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Where do we start with this sentence....

I wanted to build a natural wood strat and this body I found has the most perfect combination of six sections of different grained mahoganies, and is capped front and rear with a veneer of ash or maple.

A capped veneer.... Lol-tastic
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    Possibly the worst one yet.  I mean, if he really wanted to use that neck, how about plugging the holes and paint the headstock face?  And the body... I'd rather bolt a neck onto this.. image
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    I'm sure in those photos he's looking right at us!!!!