Relic amps anyone ?

What's Hot

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    didn't I see something not long ago that looked as if it had been built in 1940?. It wasn't as "reliced" as that. The one in the OP doesn't look as if it would last a Transit ride to the gig let alone back home again
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

I made one once. I believe it's now owned by a forum member:

• Saw a fender bassman in London that was relic, including a faked coffee stain.

Rock and roll... Right?

Actually, I think (for reasons unknown to me) a battered amp looks great, where a battered guitar often just looks battered (real wear, not relic).
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    It isn't dissimilar to the ill-fated Fender Greta really. And it is rather expensive.  Just remind me of the point of it.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Not legal or entirely safe.

Richardj said:
    It isn't dissimilar to the ill-fated Fender Greta really.
    Except that with a 6" Weber, it at least has a small chance of not sounding completely awful.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4137
    ICBM said:
    Not legal or entirely safe.

Richardj said:
    It isn't dissimilar to the ill-fated Fender Greta really.
    Except that with a 6" Weber, it at least has a small chance of not sounding completely awful.

They are brand new apparently, so must be legal!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Not in the EU they won't be. The holes in the chassis and lack of a valve cover are both a certification fail. I'd even be surprised if they're entirely legal in the US, but I could be overestimating their safety regs.

By 'new' I think they still mean recycled though - I'd find it hard to believe someone actually deliberately punched all the extra holes otherwise.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 900 dollars?!?!
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4137
    Ah I see, yep not cheap either are they!
  • NervousJohnNervousJohn Frets: 191
    Why relic when you can just have an old one.... :)

photo DSC_0246.jpg

Pretty much exactly 50 years old and in good working order. Apart from the vib trem circuit.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    /\ and painted in Dulux drainpipe paint!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>