Small tit-bit on Future

What's Hot
bertiebertie Frets: 13568
was on the local news this morning,  laying people off - re move of focus from physical publishing to digital
just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
 just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    well, at least they have a functioning forum to help push the digital angle.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Hahahaha ! So "digital" includes killing off ready-made online community - classy !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As it happens been invited to Future to test Tech Radar as a punter later on this month
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • As it happens been invited to Future to test Tech Radar as a punter later on this month
    well, hope it goes better than when rocknrolldave and I got invited to Guitarist. Mick Taylor- if you are out there, somewhere, I'm still waiting for the train tickets...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    Sad news about the layoffs, it was reported on the local news this morning, (Future is a local employer to me, as they are based in Bath), but I laughed inwardly when I heard that they were moving to rely on a more on line distribution system. Sure its the future, but I hope for their sake that they have fixed their previous digital mag platform as iPad users seemed to suffer stability and access issues.

• bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    ROOG said:
    it was reported on the local news this morning, (

crikey, there's an echo in here

:D
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've heard that Simon Bradley is to go - anybody confirm?
    well, hope it goes better than when rocknrolldave and I got invited to Guitarist. Mick Taylor- if you are out there, somewhere, I'm still waiting for the train tickets...
    Forgot about this. Update tested the Tech radar site did remarkably well considering my knowledge of tech the bloke who was doing the testing thought that the forum was still active! They did however cough an amazon voucher for my time so nice day out!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited October 2013
    I've heard that Simon Bradley is to go - anybody confirm?
    Yep .. he told me via a FB message a few days ago but I didn't post here. He's now confirmed it on FaceBook. A guy with his skill, experience and contacts won't be out of work for long. There's also an amazing rant from an ex-Future editor about how crap the senior management are.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Only met him a couple of times, nice chap. Difficult times.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Only met him a couple of times, nice chap. Difficult times.
    Lovely guy; bad times indeed.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • jimmydjimmyd Frets: 60
    That's a shame. Never a massive fan of his electric demos but loved his humour.

And I did like that footage someone posted on MR of him at gear fest referring to the "not exactly shit Jason Morris"
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    I'm sorry for the people losing their jobs - although possibly not quite so much for the one who keeps phoning me (not their fault personally, I know) - but basically their business model is on a long walk off a short pier. The sooner they move on the sooner they'll have an actual (pun intended :) ) future.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    edited October 2013
    Why isn't Bradders on here ?  He's been a major figure in a lot of forumites' er.. forummings.  You'd think he'd at least pop in to say Hi.

Still, sorry to hear he's lost his job.  However, Future being shite, it won't be a great loss for him.  I'm sure he'll get something better soon.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Sad to hear about the job losses. Wasn't Simon Bradley there from the early days?
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    He joined mid 1990s, IIRC.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    Never nice to hear people are losing their jobs.

I hope they all find good jobs fast.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• vizviz Frets: 10693
    Yes good luck to the man.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Sorry to hear about Simon Bradley. Great sense of humour and his acoustic guitar demos were always really lovely.