I wish there was a single-format delay pedal...

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
... that could do a digital delay and a reversed delay at the same time. It kinda baffles me that it doesn't exist, but I guess it's esssentially two pedals in one box, so would require twice the resources.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Closest would be 2 DD-6*'s one reversed, one straight.

*or similar

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Which is basically what I have, except DD7's ;)
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    Eventide H9 would do it if you could program your own algorithms. I'm not sure where they're going with the whole 'extra agorithms' side of it, though?
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Could something like a G3 do what you're looking for?

IE set 2 (or more) delays into one patch, and switch them on individually.

Could a DD-20 do what you want?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    I suppose you could get a couple of things Mooer format and a looper.

Do you need them to be separately switchable?

If not then presumably the Zoom CDR could do it (assuming it has reverse delay)
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited July 2014
    Drew_fx said:
    Which is basically what I have, except DD7's ;)
    Well, have a listen to the EHX stereo memory man with hazari or whatever it's called, and that, for my money, is the coolest reverse delay out there.  I got it for just that reason -- as it happens I got it for just one song, however I no longer play that song so...

I happen to be selling one too.  Just in case you or anyone else is interested.
    Zoom CDR is a good one, but doesn't really work too well in practice. If they did an M9 killer, they'd really have the market by the balls. Better algorithms all round.

I wouldn't need them separately switchable, but would need tap tempo.

Anyway I was just musing on the near non-existence of it in a single pedal. Thinking about it, it's not too disimilar to the standard 'dual delay' algorithms you get. It's just one of the buffers needs to read left and one of them needs to read right!
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    Have you thought about emailing TC Electronic and suggesting it for a toneprint? I'm sure it'd be possible with the proper 'full-fat' editor. Maybe you need to get famous and invite Tore round?
    ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ha! I did actually mention it to him on the gear page once, he liked the idea but nothing ever came of it AFAIK. I'd be buying a Flashback X4 right now if there was a tone-print that did it.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited July 2014

Wouldn't it be much simpler if you just learned to play the fucking parts properly rather than relying on gimmicky effects you big douchebag????

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a579/imadray/BigLebowski_zps4b5abf5d.jpg

By at the same time would, do you mean exactly at the same time so the delays would only be repeating the original signal rather than one also repeating the previous delay? 

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom