Good cheap classical guitar?

axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
Someone at work brought in a very cheap nylon strung acoustic. Despite a few issues, it was such fun to play, and the tone of the nylon strings was lovely. The first guitar we had at home was a nice cheap classical which my mum bought in 1979, and I haven't had one (or even played one as far as I recall) since about 1986. Annoyingly, it was around then my bro took it to uni and then gave it away to someone!?!?!

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a reasonable cheap one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9618
    A few years ago I bought my niece a 3/4 size one from Cranes for £35 delivered! I wasn't expecting much but like the one you played, it sounded ok and was played very well. This one was unbranded but they have their own Hudson brand.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    There's a second hand Angel Lopez in the shop I work for which is quite nice, for £99. Not perfect cosmetic condition but sounds nice.

Buy it and remove my temptation :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• tonyrathtonyrath Frets: 51

Admira and Allhambra do good cheap classical guitars 
  • rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 235

Currently pummelling an Admira to death as my training flamenco guitar.

Nice guitar and didn't cost a lot.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Actually, I dropped in Coda specifically to look at that Yamaha this morning! It was behind a bunch of other guitars though and I was with my girls (who get bored very quickly!), so I didn't try it out. May go back Monday on my day off.