Sabbath/BST Festival

RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067

Managed to get up to Hyde Park on Friday for the Black Sabbath / BST festival.

Despite some misgivings concerning Ozzy's voice, he was actually just about listenable, although some of his stage "moves" were hilarious and embarassing at the same time.  Geezer and Tony we're pretty much faultless - shame Bill wasn't there to join them.

Soundgarden I've never liked so can't really comment on them,  Faith No More sounded really good and Motorhead were Motorhead. Perhaps understandably, Lemmy has got very old, very quickly.

Couldn't get in the tent to see Hell, which was a shame but did bump in to our very own Reverend who is very nice indeed, and also has immense hair - something I'm quite envious of!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6506
    Black Sabbath are always a band I like more on paper than in reality. Something just not quite ..there for me.

And yeah for me Lemmy's voice sounds past it now..shame, cos their latest album is the high point of a long run of very good albums.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    Only band on that bill that interests me is Soundgarden.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited July 2014
    Bit late but I was there too.

Soulfly were alright. Only knew two Motorhead songs but I watched their whole set and they really impressed me. Faith No More I was super-excited about and they delivered, loved their whole show. Soundgarden were great too, Chris on fine form, but I left towards the end to go and see Turbowolf - who blew my fucking mind. One of the best sets I saw all day. And then Sabbath... wow.

What impressed me is how big they sounded - I realised how much the production stifles their classic material, from listening to the records you'd never expect them to sound as huge as they do live. Great set.

Cracking day out with my mates too, all considered. Suffered terribly from the pollen though, my eyes were utterly ruined.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."