anyone like our new song and vid ?

What's Hot
marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
edited July 2014 in Making Music

hope I am in right section?
As above ,just recorded our debut album, is available digital and physical cd ! 
all self funded and would please like any help in getting it out there?
we had a track played on BBC introducing,which was very rewarding but that's it.......
 won't be cheeky and post our band name etc.
but people can private message me.
thanks in advance .
cheers Mark.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Can't get much better than the BBC I would have thought. What feedback have you had?

I've been pondering this (as have evey band everywhere) and I think what's needed is industrial levels of gigging, clever marketing and a series of unlikely lucky breaks :) oh and good songs I suppose too.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26632
    edited July 2014
     won't be cheeky and post our band name etc.
    Don't be silly. Post your band name and links so people can find you, dude. You're not a first-post-spammer, so go for it :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • We are called 'Mood Elevator ' from Leeds .unsigned and recorded our 10 track album in my mates garage over last winter.mixed and mastered and press our own cds on home printer!
    Currently just a 2 piece at moment ,play 3 or 4 instruments each.
    Obviously can't replicate our album live,but we have bass and a drummer to do some full band gigs! ;)
    If you search
    'The Man by Mood Elevator ' on YouTube .and also 'come pick me up by Marktheharp ' (Ryan Adams cover)
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    edited July 2014
    Basic list is gig, local bloggers/radio, social media (Facebook, Twitter, sound cloud, YouTube), if you have the cash paid PR. Play gigs, but really make an effort to chat to people who were interested afterwards. This is one thing loads of bands do wrong - they play, then they pack and go. Unless you have the budget for paid PR then it is all about word of mouth, and one excited happy fan will tell their friends who might tell their friends etc. Same goes for social media interaction, make the time to chat to interested people. Unless you are fortunate enough to go viral it isn't going to happen over night. But if you build up a good relationship with fans they will happily tell their friends about you - a friend's recommendation is often more powerful than an advert.
  • Great advice , we have a good following and certainly chat to interested fans :-)
    we are lucky in the fact that this is our hobby and are not relying on making a living out of it.......
    Certainly know a few bands that are struggling :-(
    but the other member of our band is certainly more talented than I...
    He has about 30 songs kicking about and has more every week :-)
    thanks for all your great advice people .
    Cheers Mark .
    Paid PR can be quite valuable - effectively, you're paying for their contact list. A lot of bigger magazines and blogs won't accept submissions directly from artists - they get too many to listen to, so most journos tend to have PR bods who've built up their trust over the years so they know they're only going to get decent-quality, feature-worthy material from them.

The flip side of this is that a good PR company will always ask to hear your material before accepting you as a customer.

Some of them are a bit more band-friendly, though, in that they offer pay-monthly deals - our guy, for example, allows you to set the budget (eg £150/month) and works within that budget with his contacts.

It's certainly worth looking into.
    <space for hire>
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Who do you use digital scream, if you don't mind me asking? And have you seen tangible results from using them?
    Who do you use digital scream, if you don't mind me asking? And have you seen tangible results from using them?
    We haven't started yet - mainly because of delays at our end (ie we lost our first mixing dude because of schedule conflicts, and the other guys in the band are dragging their heels over the artwork). However, I've had a couple of good long conversations with them and they're saying all the right things ;) I'll put a post up as we go through the process, though.

The PR company is Intune PR - their site seems to be undergoing a bit of a revamp at the moment, so there's a bit of dummy content on there.
    <space for hire>
  • marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
    edited July 2014
    Our latest song and vid.....
    Mood Elevator -when everything was cool.
    opinions please ?
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Very good well written and produced song, not my usual thing but very good nonetheless.

I could see an album of such material would sell well to the target market.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    johnnyurq said:

I could see an album of such material would sell well to the target market.

...and the prize for ambiguous statement of the week... ;) ....sounds good and nicely crafted song. Lot of rock and indie stuff when people post up new music on here so nice to hear something a bit different. :)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Thanks for your nice comments :)
    we are basically just playing and recording music that we love,in our spare time and pick up the occasional gig.we already have enough for another album ,some heavier stuff ,ala The Black keys ,Queens of the stone age etc........
    If anyone wants to private message me ,I can send a few more tracks out ;)
    Cheers Mark .