Zoom G3 v Line6 M9

What's Hot
Si_Si_ Frets: 384
I'm thinking of adding one of these to my Pedalboard to sit in the loop and provide Reverb, Delay and anything else I might need.. Anyone tried both units and can comment on which is best.

I know the M9 can't be powered form a PP2, but can the Zoom?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Tough call. The Zoom can be powered from a PP2 as far as I know.

The Zoom effects are better than the M9's. But the M9's switching and form factor is a lot more pleasing to use. The Zoom was also a bit noisier than the M9 as far as I recall. Also the Zoom doesn't have a lot of the cooler effects that the MS70CDR has, which would irritate me personally.
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    I have an M9 and like it.  A bass player I knew had a G3 and liked it, mainly because it was cheap.

The M9 *can* be powered by dc, you just need a power supply with enough juice like diago or gigrig.

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I used to use the m13 a lot and loved it! Some really good sounds and it was so so easy to use.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    I've not used an M9 a great deal, but I have a G3 and the mods and delays are very good, the reverbs less so. 

It's very easy to use live. I didn't find it overly noisy, but it does need to go on it's own isolated supply as it spews noise into other analog pedals. The only criticism I have is that it doesn't patch switch and pressing two footswitches at the same time is irritatingly mapped to scrolling the FX and is very easy to do accidentally.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22204
    G3>M9. 

I prefer the Zoom effects. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1007
    I found delays to be better on the zoom but tremolo and phasers to be way better on the m series pedals. The zoom is amazing value compared to the m9. Also the line6 footswitches are rubbish and end up crunching and sticking and not working properly. It's happened on multiple unit for me and is a well known problem. Also the m5 I had had a huge volume jump when engaging tremolo or delays. It made it unusable for me and line 6 refused to address it despite numerous online requests.