Necks for a Tele (Allparts body)

What's Hot
I err, 'accidentally' bought an Allparts pink paisley tele body from the States today on eBay.. so along with the explorer, I'll also be putting together my first partscaster!

When it comes to getting a neck, would I be better getting an Allparts one? I'm thinking about the pocket fitment more than anything, if that's pretty much standard then maybe @GSPBASSES might have something similar / better for sale (maple C shape)?

Dave. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27642
    I'd recommend @GSPBasses without hesitation.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2376
    I've no doubts of the quality @TTony, just the fitment, I'm new to putting guitars together, so not sure on tolerances etc.. with necks / neck pockets between builders.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27642
    PVO_Dave said:
    I've no doubts of the quality @TTony, just the fitment, I'm new to putting guitars together, so not sure on tolerances etc.. with necks / neck pockets between builders.

You could take a couple of measurements to be absolutely sure, but that's all GSP would need to make you something that would fit very nicely.

Or, depending on how far away you are, you'd be welcome to pop over and try the birdseye one (which is one of GSP's standard builds) into the pocket of the body when it arrives.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Thanks for the offer @TTony - Unless the Allparts bodies are a standard / known size, it'll have to wait a few weeks :)

Wudtone is however on order ready! :D

Hopefully @GSPBASSES will be along to comment at some point
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    I'm just of to the workshop I'll have a look for a Maple / Maple Tele neck for you or any one else who needs a neck.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

GSPBASSES said:
    I'm just of to the workshop I'll have a look for a Maple / Maple Tele neck for you or any one else who needs a neck.

Sorry it's such a vague / potentially stupid question around neck pocket fitment, but hopefully you can steer me right :D
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    I have got several part built Maple / Maple necks but none ready to sell, it will be about two weeks before I have any finished.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'll send you a PM :)