Microphone holders for ambient mics

TheDarkLordTheDarkLord Frets: 34
edited July 2014 in Live
Does anyone know how we could mount our extra mics for ambient sound?

We're a three-piece (guitar/bass/drums) combo playing in pubs and clubs and are about to go in-ear for monitors.

One of us has an ambient in-ear set up - the two only have sound isolation with no ambient boost in the in-ears.  It's kinda important as we do three vocal parts on a lot of the songs.

I came up with this as an option:    http://goo.gl/trKAdI

I know these are intended for drums, but we could probably attach condenser mics to the PA poles using these ..... and then run the sound from them to the in-ears only.

Any other ideas?

Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    I use boundry mics set either side of the stage on the floor. These are the ones I use, very cheap and work well :

You have to be careful about how much you use of em, because they could be 10 metres away from you amp in some cases and you will defo hear the delay between your amp direct in your ears and the ambiance of the amp they pick up. Ideally you want to finish the song and have someone then add in some of these to your IEM mix, then take it back out when the next song starts. That's what I do when mixing bands on ears

Also setting these up on the floor makes them un noticable. If you had a normal mic setup near the front I would image it would only be a matter of time before some dick thought it was funny to shout into it 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • What make are they?
    Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405

They are sold under the Pulse brand, mine come from here :

Need phantom power obviously 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3127
    edited July 2014
    Pencil condensors on a short stand pointing towards the audience. I'm sure I don't have to mention don't whatever you do put them in FOH mix.

The idea of putting them on the speaker stand  using the bracket you linked to is not good you will get too much vibration through them
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk