Whammy 4 versus Whammy 5??

What's Hot

Comments

• MattGMattG Frets: 170
    actually i'm a little worried that didn't come across quite as sarcastically as it was meant too :/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Its ok they sell for the same anyway. probably. I havent checked that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Its still red! What the fuck more do you want!
    Sheeeesh!
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I soooooooo want to comment on this but I can't, for....reasons.

The pressure in my head is almost unbearable :D
    Login as MDPhilips and fill your boots?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xtroublextrouble Frets: 84
    Lol, just seen this thread !

Deijavoo said:
    I have to say I've stuck up for AH a fair few times now as my transaction with him was first class, but that's a very weird situation all round.
    He made a lot of offers and trade offers on stuff I was selling. There are folk in here I totally disagree with on political and musical things but I'd happily buy and sell to and with them because they come over as honest. Adolf never gave me that feeling and no matter what he offered, money or trade items, I said no to him. 

That something like this has happened doesn't surprise me one bit. 

That said, I'm surprised the guy who got ripped off did not ask for a picture first. Buying or trading sight unseen in any form is risky. 
    Yeah, never really occurred to me at the time, as I've never in 15 years of trading etc on boards/ebay had a trade go bad. You live and (hopefully) learn I suppose

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    How are you getting on with it?
    Has he fully flounced on you, refusing to pay- or has he woken up and realised he needs to do the right thing?
    octatonic said:
    How are you getting on with it?
    Has he fully flounced on you, refusing to pay- or has he woken up and realised he needs to do the right thing?
    No contact at all 

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    That is awful.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    What a c u next tuescunt
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Already done this, when my daughters landlord scammed £700 out of her. It's an easy process, and very satisfying when you get your money back !

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Whammy shwammy. They're all the same, just different.
    Tell you what @xtrouble if it makes you feel any better I'll sell you my Whammy 5. Owned since new and 'orginal article' according to the owner's manual.
    I hardly ever use it but my mate Steve swears it sounds almost as good as his Whammy 4. A bit.

Call it £125?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Fucking amateurs. Get a Floyd Kahler like any proper musician.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DiscoStu said:
    Whammy shwammy. They're all the same, just different.
    Tell you what @xtrouble if it makes you feel any better I'll sell you my Whammy 5. Owned since new and 'orginal article' according to the owner's manual.
    I hardly ever use it but my mate Steve swears it sounds almost as good as his Whammy 4. A bit.

Call it £125?

Are you including the foottouch screen at that price ?

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    edited July 2014 tFB Trader
    I've got one you can have for £130

I think ti goes for the same on Ebay.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I've got my pitchfork and flaming torch. When do we march?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Tell you what @xtrouble if it sweetens the deal - and I don't do this everyone - given that you're a noob I'll throw in a free YES FREE non-original non-compatible PSU.
    How does that sound? Everyone loves a freebie.

You seem desperate to sell, I sense this isn't the Vertex modded flux capacitor model that you're insinuating it is.
    DiscoStu said:
    Tell you what @xtrouble if it sweetens the deal - and I don't do this everyone - given that you're a noob I'll throw in a free YES FREE non-original non-compatible PSU.
    How does that sound? Everyone loves a freebie.