Yamaha 50% Off Blowout

What's Hot
dano91dano91 Frets: 24
edited July 2014 in Guitar
A bit of a "blowout" at Dolphin Music on Yamaha guitars online. Over 50% off someone of them (both A-Series acoustics and Pacificas). 

Some good deals to be had (whilst there is stock left!) and no one else is at these prices.

Also throwing a free FX pedal on orders over £300, and offering huge discounts on some multi FX for electric/acoustic with any order, but you have to phone up to get those two offers! Can't say which brands or anything the pedals are, but they're certainly reputable companies!

imageimage
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LevLev Frets: 228
    Some great deals, I posted about the pacifica a couple of days ago. I didn't realise the acoustics were reduced also.

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/20354/half-price-pacifica-s-anyone
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dano91dano91 Frets: 24
    Ahh, I must have missed that post, nice one Lev! 

Yep - the A-series acoustics have shot down from just under a grand to under 500 (on average) with the option to add a Hiscox case for an extra £50. 

Have never played an A-series myself but Yamaha acoustics usually get a good write up. Any one had experience with them?

• bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
    edited July 2014

I played some A1 and A3 series guitars, wasn't overly impressed with them compared to Japanese Takamines in the same price range. Can't remember exactly why, probably warmth and projection. I didn't plug them in but that is supposed to be the good bit on these!

At these prices they are a pretty good deal I reckon.

EDIT: certainly a lot better than Martins in this price range!

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    Good to know, cheers blue! I'll have to have a go. My old F310 acoustic served me well back in the old days.

Just updated my OP - there's now a free guitar pedal if you spend over £300 or massive discounts off select multi FX pedals with any yamaha purchase until the end of July. :) 
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2992
    edited July 2014
    Do you reckon they'll do me 50% off an R1?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6914
    Any link to the other offers please?!

Shame there's no deal on a Yammy 12 string - I'd have been very tempted!
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
    One more thing: playability was fine and dandy.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11487
    Is all well at Dolphin?

Those are massive discounts.  I'd be a bit worried if they had a cash flow problem and are tryong drastic measures to try and solve it.
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1085
    Might have had a crack at one of the Pacifica 510 in Sonic Blue if they'd have had a maple or ebony fb option as i really don't like rosewood much,still great discounts & if anyone does buy plz leave us some feedback
    crunchman;305743" said:
    Is all well at Dolphin?

Those are massive discounts.
    It is a legit price drop - but you are right - it is very rare that one company offers a price drop without the rest of the market. It just so happens we have all of the stock at this price, so we're spreading the word as once our allocation is gone, this price will also be gone! 

People asking about which pedals are in the offer - if you are considering one of these Yamaha's then give the sales team a phone and let them know what add on pedals you are after. They will be able to sort you something out if you're buying a guitar I am sure - but they do have a little list of pedals that they can do bigger discounts on (which are mainly multi FX pedals). The number is 0151 448 2080. 

But yeah, the extra pedal discount would only apply to Yamaha guitar purchases. If anyone wants more clarification just throw your questions at me! All-in-all, t is a good week to buy a Yamaha :)
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2380
    I've taken a punt after reading some of the reviews, A3R on the way :)
  • redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 746
    Dano do you work for em? Would love to know (over PM) what pedals are in the offer as I'm very tempted and would like to have a think about it tonight... These deals do suffer from the usual misleading reference to savings against RRP - so the "saving" is way overstated, but even against street prices these are great deals so cheers for the heads up!
    Yeah I do red :) The add-ons that are looking good in the offer are: a highly acclaimed 5 watt valve amp, a very popular portable amp simulator/effects unit and two different multi effects pedals (one budget, one higher-end). I can't give any more details away, but they are good pieces of gear and you'll get a healthy amount knocked off. It is a phone only deal I am afraid though! The number is in my previous post. 

PVO_Dave said:
    I've taken a punt after reading some of the reviews, A3R on the way :)
    Top work Dave, you'll have to send us some pics when it arrives! :) 
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960

It may be something to do with the new Yamaha Deaklership restructure.

Dolphin is basically PMT. All should be fine

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2473
    Those A3R acoustics should be a good deal for someone.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    A3R arrived this morning, looks and sounds great (only a quick go so far), neck feels fantastic too. 

Couple of marks on the body which I will call Dolphin about, but a nice guitar. Free pedal included too, which will be on sale here soon as I don't have much use for it. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What's the pedal?
    For some reason, it seems to be a secret in this thread, but in unrelated news, I've just listed an effect pedal for sale on here...
    PVO_Dave said:
    A3R arrived this morning, looks and sounds great (only a quick go so far), neck feels fantastic too. 
    Glad to hear Dave! Just give the guys a call and they will sort you out :) 

We've turned this whole Yamaha thing into a Summer Sale and knocked money off hundreds of items rather than just Yamaha.

There's some big savings on a few items (and some small savings on others, haha) - definitely a few gems in there though. 

dano91 said:
    PVO_Dave said:
    Glad to hear Dave! Just give the guys a call and they will sort you out :) 
    Just a quick update to say the marks on the guitar situation is being resolved, the 'returns' guys have been great, very happy :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom