What do you call these chords?

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
edited July 2014 in Technique
Root +5th+7th+octave. And root+2nd+4th+5th. Or actually the same chord but one with the root in the bass and one with the 4th in the bass. So I could also write that as root+5th+7th+octave and 4th+5th+7th+octave. So, chords with no 3rds but not just power chords. Just writing out a song for the other guitarist and I'd like to appear a smart arse! Ta.
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    :) that's a big smiley face cause you can't put them in new Discussion opening posts for some reason.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    Depending on the context it's just a "no third". Lots of jazz voicings miss the third
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    edited July 2014
    Yep. Minor or dominant 7ths, depending on where your inner voice hears the 3rd. Can fit either. Best to call it a power chord with a sus 4 and a dominant 7th.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Ahh, cheers. :) it's in a blues, I think the solo guitar over it is blues scale stuff so that will be playing between minor and major thirds I guess.