SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

NOW SOLD: Ampeg J-20 - point to point handwired properly all-valve combo for £400.

What's Hot
redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 746
edited August 2013 in Amps £
Ampeg J-20 for sale. 20 watts of hand wired point to point goodness.

Firstly here are two stock money shots of the insides of one of these things:

And here are the specs from Ampeg: http://www.ampeg.com/products/diamondblueguitar/j20/

And here is mine:

I'm only selling this because I have another one which I'm keeping. I bought it as a spare and with a view to maybe running them in stereo. As it turned out I've rarely had it out of the house. Couple of gigs and practices and that's it.  Chap I got it from had only used it in the studio.

The details are all on the link above. It has a luscious tremolo. All valve (inc the tremolo and rectifier). And point to point wired. Sounds generally awesome.

By the way Ampeg state the weight wrong - it's about 40lbs not 25, but still quite a light amp, pleasingly.

It comes boxed and with the trem on/off pedal.

Price:  £400 collected (Leeds / Bradford) / meet-up (reasonable distance of Leeds).

P.s. it is even lovelier paired with the Fender FRV reverb pedal and Barber EQ pedal I'm also selling :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6110
    edited August 2013

Oh goodness. That is gorgeous. I'd snap your hand off if I hadn't gone a built my own P2P amp recently.

Folks.. trust me when I say this is an absolute steal!

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1442
    They're fun amps.  Bought and sold mine some time ago, but I suspect I'll have another before I die!
  • Dodge;4106" said:
    They're fun amps.  Bought and sold mine some time ago, but I suspect I'll have another before I die!
    Well, seeing as you could get hit by a bus tomorrow, I recommend you buy this one immediately. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1442
    Dodge;4106" said:
    Well, seeing as you could get hit by a bus tomorrow, I recommend you buy this one immediately. :)
    Lol!  Too far away from me I'm afraid.
  • Dodge said:
    Dodge;4106" said:
    Lol!  Too far away from me I'm afraid.

I can ship. Kept the original box for this purpose and everything! :)
  • Well he must have got hit by that bus. I did warn him. For everyone else, though, it's still here. :)
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    theres a lot of love for this but too few readies... :(
  • If I could accept love I would. But love isn't gonna buy me a Kemper. ;)
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Just a players opinion
    These are seriously underrated and excellent amps
    They originally retailed for over a grand
    I picked one up a few years back and love it . Beautiful chimey cleans with a valve tremelo which is rich and creamy
    Top quality Alnico speaker. For 400 quid it's hard to buy a better made amp
  • jmasterjmaster Frets: 19
    I'm very tempted, how portable would you say it is? I'm looking for something that's a bit less of a lump than my ac30
    "have a good time, all the time" Spinal Tap
  • Very, for a 112 valve combo. I have had sciatica in the past. Getting this was a relief after the weighty 112 line 6 spider valve I had prior to it. I've also since had a blackheart 112, which also weighed a lot more while delivering less. I think there is some forum discussion around about it being light.

Nb don't go by the official specs though - ampeg got these wrong and quoted some daft weight.