Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513

I've been very remiss in keeping this thread up to date: I was out last week, my first ever midweek gig, which was a bit tough the next day.

Another first today and tomorrow: first time gigging on successive days. Today I'm humping a fair portion of my gear on public transport again, which is a right royal pain. But that's the price for having a car I'm not allowed to drive into the low emission zone!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    Saturday will be the first outing for my new country rock beat combo. A nice low key event at an RBL club so no one will ever know how bad it goes (assuming the bass player and singer don't come to blows, I'm never sure when they are jesting those two).

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    We're doing our first gig for about 6 weeks tonight at the Asylum 2 in Birmingham, just shook up the setlist and we're throwing a couple of new songs in tonight, so a bit of nervous excitement sitting here at my desk waiting 'til I can leave and get ready.

Plus by the sounds of it at least two guitarists will be in attendance, @Handsome_Chris and @ChrisMusic. So I'd better get really good at casting convincing angry glances over the the bassist every time I fuck up. 
    >:D<
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    A few of you getting out there this weekend. We haven't got any gigs until April as the drummers wife has just had a baby. However Fastboy has his new band "Sent her mental" at the Plough in Three bridges, Crawley on Saturday.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 261
    Crimson On Silver playing at The Swan in Crewkerne tonight.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

Thursday's are the new Fridays, so tonight (yes Thursday) Playback are at The Punchbowl in Warwick.

Cracking old pub with superb beer.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    edited March 2014
    We're playing at the Met Lounge in Peterborough tomorrow night - should be a blast. For once, we've actually managed to sell 40+ tickets, so we had to start nicking tickets from the other bands on the bill. Should be a pretty good night...

£6 on the door if anybody fancies it :)
    <space for hire>
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    The Jellyheads (my band) are playing tonight at the White Hart in Corby if you fancy it... :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    edited March 2014
    Enjoying a hobgoblin beer and a cig after tonight's gig..
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Next Borrowed Time Gig is 6th April at the Goffs Park Social club Crawley. Alzheimers charity fundraiser. The Fun Starts at Noon and we close out the show at 5pm. Here are the other bands playing.

Pokachi Pokachi

Nighttime Creatures

The Logical Hairs

Adrian Macdonald

Danny Dangerously

Jackie and G

Don't touch that dial.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited March 2014

The Alley Cat, Denmark St (aka Tin Pan Alley) in Central London on Thursday 20th March with Madness tribute Cairo East. http://www.alleycatbar.co.uk/events/jb-and-the-wolfmen/

Edit:Now as their permanent bass player.

• MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 261
    Tonight, Crimson On Silver will be playing at The Aristocrat in Aylesbury.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Saturday 29th March. Stumble Inn, Long Eaton. Smallest place we play. I'm crammed in at the back beside the drummer, with nothing to look at except Dawn in her leather trousers.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    edited March 2014
    We're gigging this morning, does that count? Our band The Silverbaxx has been asked to record a rock arrangement of one of Basement Jaxx's songs, and we're doing the music video for it today around Cambridge. If anyone wants a banana we'll be at the mill pond area most of the morning (not Jesus Green @bigjon).
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Ah cheers for the alert. The children don't usually walk that far unless it involves a significant bribe, but I'll see what can be done.
    We've got 140 bananas so they can have 2 each if they like.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    I'm doing a set fronting the Kingston Blues Band tonight at the Kingston Cambs village hall. They aren't what you would call experts, but we always have a great time, and I love them because they are the only band in five years who have paid me to play guitar for them!
    Ooh where's that then?
    No one knows where Kingston Cambs is! It's in the middle of nowhere, about halfway between Great Gransden and Little Eversden!
    Where are Great Gransden and Little Eversden?