What do you think is gonna happen?

What's Hot

Comments

• Nobody goes to Facebook any more, it's too popular.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    JookyChap said:
    Yeah sorry - FB is Fretboard, Facebook is sooooo passé
    We've been saying TheFB to avoid confusion. 
    Where there is light, I shall bring chaos.. :)

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17605
    tFB Trader
    JookyChap said:
    Where there is light, I shall bring chaos.. :)
    I should probably just be pleased you aren't throwing acid about the place. 
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    It's early days... :)

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5852

I've never really done the Facebook thing. I mean, who wants to sign up to something where loads of numpties exchange irreverent comments?..............................Erm, hang on?

;))
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited August 2013
    I don't know if I'd go back to MusicRadar, other than to try and mop up survivors and bring them here, which is better. :D

A lot of the posts I made as a younger kid are horribly embarrassing for me to look back on, and from a purely selfish perspective I'd be glad if they were gone forever. However, I appreciate that, like forums usually are once you strip away the cyber-bullshit that sometimes appears, it was a culmination of so much knowledge, from so many people, that it would be a real loss if it were gone forever.

Hmmm...
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5852

@Bucket

Wise words from a young head, Bucket. It's an unusual Crossroads, I think it all depends on how long one was on the Old MR, how familiar one was to it's faults, how adjustable one is to change, how nostalgic one might be and a ton of other things.

I'm not a member of the Royal Family BTW, despite my excessive use of the word "One"

;)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Sporky said:
    Fuck MR. They clearly don't value the forum, nor the enormous body of knowledge put together by the members. They wouldn't even tell us why they took the avatars away, for pity's sake.

I doubt they'll reopen the forum; they barely got it running in the first place.
    +1

We should have done this year's ago ... MR was dying on it's feet anyway. I won't go back.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26579
    I'd like it to come back, purely so that I can grab my list of PMs (I don't really fancy reconstructing it from emails). Oh, and that homework thread about the 4 birds positioning themselves equidistant from each other...there were a few classics in there :)
    <space for hire>
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28172
    I'd like it to come back, purely so that I can grab my list of PMs (I don't really fancy reconstructing it from emails). Oh, and that homework thread about the 4 birds positioning themselves equidistant from each other...there were a few classics in there :)
    As I recall, that was a glorious pedant thread.

My dear old mum presented a similar one to Lady BMcH and me recently - the one about the two sets of pills, only it was so badly worded (came from the KCL alumni newsletter) that the only logical answer was that it was all a dream.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I've volunteered to rescue any other survivors at MR, if/when it stumbles back to "life".

Then it shall be left well alone.....

Menturm/DrewFX was over at MR, he got himself banned. If he does here what he did there he'll get banned again.

I'd prefer that he doesn't, by not acting like a dick (rule #1)....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    I'll be back over there to change my sig to "Now found on thefretboard.co.uk - come join us"

But I'll be back here in time for breakfast. 

Smoke me a kipper?

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    This is my forever home.

It's wonderful. (I'm a bit emotional tonight, so excuse me if I gush too much)
    My V key is broken
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    This is my forever home.

It's wonderful. (I'm a bit emotional tonight, so excuse me if I gush too much)
    My V key is broken
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    If MR resurrected the forum, of course I'd abandon this place and revert. It's always going to be more professional over there and more likely to gain new membership. It's got an established brand, and the very fact of them restarting the forum would prove to my mind their commitment to it.

Shhh I'm only saying that in case they might be reading this - I want to join the smash n grab team (I want all that toaster info back) but let's not tell 'em; also when we do grab all our stuff back let's leave signposts to this place yeah?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • I would follow the masses no point being the only one on a forum wherever it is... I have instantly warmed to this forum layout though and really like the mobile layout so if this is where we stay I would be quite happy.
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    I can hear the ban triggers being set up as they read this thread lol...
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    I'm a bit miffed that the (estimated) hundreds of posts saying how great KaBL is, have completely disappeared.

I get emails from potential customers asking why they should buy my stuff, and I always used to point them in the direction of MR to get some idea of what KaBL is all about.

Bugger.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    RobDavies said:
    I'm a bit miffed that the (estimated) hundreds of posts saying how great KaBL is, have completely disappeared.

I get emails from potential customers asking why they should buy my stuff, and I always used to point them in the direction of MR to get some idea of what KaBL is all about.

Bugger.
    I'm sure we can work something out along the same lines here :D ;)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Having chipped in to help get this forum going, I'm not looking to bail out any time soon (groans all round), and as I very much doubt I ever contributed anything half-sensible to the MR forum, there's no point in worrying about that. I think that as long as people support this new forum, then it'll be fine, because in most cases "the knowledge" that was left on the old MR forum is already in their heads, and if not, then they'll sniff it out somehow. At least I hope that's what will happen, anyway. Ultimately, it's up to us to support it, and I for one at least feel some kind of moral duty to do so, given the huge efforts of those who have created it.