@viz takes it away at tonight's jam (video)

What's Hot
bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
edited November 2013 in Live
Go Viz! :-)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10694
    edited September 2013
    Hey cheers for posting that BJ! You were effing awesome by the way, loved your Brick in the wall, and MikeL too! And ta for the loan of the SD1 Mike :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    nice playing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thank you very much - it always passes in a bit of a blur when you're up there and seems to be full of just-in-time recoveries!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Cool little solo!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Awesome as ever Viz.

No probs on the loan of the pedal, that's what it was there for :D I'm just thankful no one filmed my slightly less impressive solo....

B-)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Thank you Axisus :) and cheers Mike but you played great! I should have filmed you and BJ
    edited September 2013

Thanks Viz, I just kept on hearing Jazz notes, which did kinda throw me. :-S

Having said that, Paul MC did say he enjoyed my torture, er I mean playing,as did a couple of others, so I did feel pretty good afterwards

>:D<

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Great stuff. Always fun to hear guys from here playing.
  • Nice one fella.

I can never remember what I've played about 2 seconds after I've played it.  So its always over in far too quickly and when you see it on video its kind of fun.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Nice playing!

Sorry if I've missed something but what & where was the jam?
    Kebabkid said:
    Nice playing!

Sorry if I've missed something but what & where was the jam?
    The Emperor in Cambridge, one of the Cambridge regular jamnights

edited September 2013
    stonevibe said:
    Nice one fella.

I can never remember what I've played about 2 seconds after I've played it.  So its always over in far too quickly and when you see it on video its kind of fun.

Same! And the first time I watch it it's with a sense of dread with no idea of what mistakes I made!
  • Superb playing. You have a great sense of timing. Seriously impressed....
  • @Viz I could have listened to that for a lot longer. have a WOW!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself

Having let last night sink in  a bit, I was very impressed with the SD-1 as a boost for soloing.

I think having heard it used as a listener, rather than a player, (Ie when Viz used it and I wasn't worried about what I was playing) made a difference to how I viewed it. A very good piece of kit.

Shit, thanks fellas! I mean I know it's peppered with mistakes and stuff but I'm really glad the spirit and groove comes through ok. Yes that SD1 is great, on the amp I had gain, bass, mid and treble on 7, and on the SD1 I had drive, tone and volume on 7. Basically everything I could find was on 7, and I reckon that gave the SD1 enough oomph to make the solo cut through. :)

I had the SD1 on vol 7, tone/dist on 5, and it sounded good (from where I was) to me.

BTW Viz, the bridge pup on Laura, the Jackson is a Clarky-spec Bulldog extremist, from @Van_Hayden. Which is (to my ears) nice and punchy in the mid-range without getting a shrill top end, and not too much low-end. It seems (again to me) to work with pretty much any amp setting.

• Nice one, viz. You look naturally comfortable playing on stage.

Let me know what substances you take to acheive this.

:D
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    I'd recently ingested 568.261485 millilitres of beer.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Who's going to the cambridge rock jam tmoz? @musophilr? @esblonde? @bigjon? Mike L you're there right?