What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Saw the one star film "the hungover games" on Netflix as the wife and kids weren't around. Needless to say a spoof, and I actually rather enjoyed it, trash though it was. Some nice boobies on show, and a lovely ass shot! (Brief). Very tasty girl playing the archer, she has a beautiful bare back. The big joke was that she was 17 and therefore not shaggable, but obviously no prob with that over here!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Irresponsible Man - really good...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • "Legend" - story of south end gangster brothers - Crays.
    Most of the stuff recently released in Hollywood has either Tom Hardy or Jake Gylenhall in it. This one has two Tom Hardys ;)
    Not a bad movie, though not the most exciting either - long lines, poor dialogues and only acting is worth seeing.
    I do like a gangster movie every now and then, but I must say italian-Americans are far more interesting for movie making. Anyway - nothing much to moan about so solid

6/10
  • The Jam. About the Young Idea. Err, stuff about The Jam and the people who thought they were great.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12364
    Watched a few films on the plane over. Terminator Genesis, Mad Max and Ex Machina. Ex Machina was the best of the bunch, Terminator was good fun, Mad Max was pretty crap.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    The Drop. Tom Hardy, James Gandolfini, Noomi Rapace.

Jolly jolly good. Hardy is superb. As is the puppy dog. Well worth a watch.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Jurassic World

Very excited to see this. But it is, well, exactly the sum of its parts and no more. Not a bad thing but not special in any way :(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    Inside Out

I finally went to see it since the kids wanted to and it's probably at the end of the cinema run now. I'd been a bit put off by the trailers, I thought "is that it?". Well no, it's not - it's *far* better. Much more complex, darker and more emotional. There's quite a lot that's probably over the heads of children, as with the best of the Pixar stuff. Perhaps not *quite* in the league of Toy Story either for imagination or plot, but well worth seeing if you have kids and haven't done already.

8/10

Speaking of trailers, there was one for the forthcoming Dad's Army film. Apart from the fact that I'm not sure a joke which was funny in the 1970s when some of these types of characters were still around will translate at all well to 2016, it's really not a good start that the trailer opens with the date - 1944. If they can't even get that right...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

St Vincent.

:)
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2401
    Lawless.
    Finally got round to watching this, twas ok, the book was brutal but the film seemed a bit cautious with the extreme violence.

The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman.

Really quite good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    edited September 2015
    'Montage Of Heck' followed by 'Soaked In Bleach'. (EDIT: they are both documentaries about the life / death of Kurt Cobain, but coming from very different angles.)

I recommend watching them in that order, because I thought MoH was really sweet and romantic in places. All that got ruined after I watched SiB

8/10 both however
    All practice and no theory
  • soaked in bleach left me in zero doubt as to who was behind Cobain's death - whether it's all true or not i have no idea

watched Southpaw, it was predictable but decent

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    jd0272 said:

Really quite good.
    Yup, very good - not really sure why it's not more known or popular than it is. 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401

Southpaw

30 min in? Wasn't expecting that   X_X

I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Sibelius said:

Southpaw

Yeah, and then it got worse and worse and the 'redemption' at the end was predictable, half-arsed and unsatisfying. Strictly speaking it was a tragedy but I had no sympathy for the protagonist. 

Did not like.
    All practice and no theory
    HAL9000;787341" said:
    jd0272 said:

Really quite good.

Yup, very good - not really sure why it's not more known or popular than it is. 
    Yes, Mr LaBeouf surprised me. She was canny hot an all. :)
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12316
    dafuzz said:
    Sibelius said:

Southpaw

Yeah, and then it got worse and worse and the 'redemption' at the end was predictable, half-arsed and unsatisfying. Strictly speaking it was a tragedy but I had no sympathy for the protagonist. 

Did not like.
    Yes Southpaw was disappointing, pretty unconvincing and it totally lacked the"FUCKIN TWAT IM!!" excitement of Rocky
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401
    dafuzz said:
    Sibelius said:

Southpaw

Did not like.
    Yeah, they've crammed too much into it. I know films move at a faster pace these days but there's about 2 films worth of drama in it.
     I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
  • "Last Days in Vietnam" 2014

Documentary that pictures situation in Vietnam that occured after signing the Paris 1973 cease fire agreement and what happened in South Vietnam after that.
    Absolute must see if you're into history.
    I've never heard about that part of Vietnam War story and found it very interesting. Great footages and touching overall.

9/10