What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24498
    Concussion.

I liked it a lot. Will Smith gave a very good performance that was far better than his usual fare - he wasn't just being Will Smith this time.

The type of story is common I suppose as big business interests have hidden all manner of shite before, but Concussion dealt with it in a non-Hollywood way.

A solid 8/10 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @fretmeister , is that the one about sports injuries?
    Yup - the American Football brain injury discovery and cover up.

Spotlight.

Brilliant!

9/10
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Watched Limitless and half way through realised I'd seen it before. It's okay  if unmemorable. 
    Watched an hour of The Purge. Not my kind of film.
    Watched about the same of Sherlock  Game of Shadows ( that right?) which was so confused and confusing. 

I didn't watch any film or TV on holiday and although I've since binged on Man Down and Dragon's Den I'm losing faith in the power of the small screen to bring me joy... 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    The Revenant.

Loved it. The bear attack - cor blimey guv, that was gruesome and tense.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7527
    Sicario - really enjoyed it - quite 'ambient' at times so I can imagine some might not like it but I liked it a LOT 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • David Brent: Life on the Road

Hilarious and sad. The whole music and band thing was great to watch.

I will say that it could be a bit too close to for some folk on here, but I won't spoil it for you.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Bastille Day - Idris Elba playing an American CIA agent who doesn't always play by the rules, sounds a bit familiar.....  Well worth a watch though.
  • Lights Out - 8/10!
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    Nerve.

Good concept, bit preachy towards the end, quite liked the soundtrack (bit electronic-y).

7/10
  • Gulliver said:
    Nerve.

Good concept, bit preachy towards the end, quite liked the soundtrack (bit electronic-y).

7/10
    @Gulliver , didn't it just though?  I thought that the ending was too nice, which actually did not work for me as I wanted the female lead to end up with life changing injuries eg quadrospazzed on a life-glug.
    Star Trek Beyond.

Very Enjoyable but not up to the best of the franchise. Probably the 2nd best of New Trek though.

Spock's wig was weird though. I wonder if the studio lost the one from the earlier film and got someone new to remake it.

7/10

• The Man who knew Infinity..  excellent!!
    Ratchet and Clank... not so..
    Doctor Who (The Movie) 1996 .. so, so, bad..
    American Graffiti.. slow paced teen angst film
    Stand By Me.. the ultimate kids feel good film.. always worthy of a re-watch.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y513/phlplls/Mobile Uploads/2016-08/1405F6C1-357E-42F2-B019-4A7A8DFBFDA7_zpsvdu03ldc.jpg

Some of the gang voices aren't quite as I remember them but it is current Kiss doing their own. The story makes no sense even by Scooby standards but, y'know, Kiss songs and Scooby  =) I recommend it .
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3636
    Lambert and Stamp.

A really interesting doc film (2.5 hours) about The Who's management duo.

They took loads of film footage during the '60's which was shown interspersed with comments from Chris Stamp, Daltrey and Townsend and others.

Shown on Sky Arts.

• Best thing I've watched in ages!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1309
    The Nice Guys - Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling.  Very good.  Great 70s setting, Noire-esque mystery, action, and lots of comedy.
    Bastille Day - Idris Elba and King in the North.  Not very good.
    Angry Birds - Was not as dire as I thought it might be, linked to the game where it worked, didn't force it too much.  Some moments of humor and overall quite charming.
  • My partner has a thing for sharks so she dragged me to watch a film called The Shallows, She pitched it to me as Gravity but with sharks. 

It's up there with one of the worst films I've ever seen, terrible acting, totally cheesy in a awful way, utter garbage.

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Suicide Squad.

It is a good going romp.  I believe that this passes the @Clarky Test ie Lots of action and lots of fun.  I may go and see it again.

I have come to realise that I know nothing about films: I do not dislike the film the critics tell me to. 

saw it and loved it…. top movie..
    play every note as if it were your first