What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• My wife was watching Love Actually tonight. 

Forgot how much I hate it. 1/10, even Alan Rickman can't save it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72327
    The Godfather and The Godfather Pt II

Another two films that I have not seen in a long time, and as good as ever.  I'm going to watch Allied, so I probably won't catch The Godfather Pt III until later on.  I've never seen it but if it's half as good as the previous two I'm in all the way.
    It is... half as good. It's better than its reputation, but it isn't really in the same league as the first two.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    To Kill a Mockingbird. I thought the book was great when I read it a few months ago, so thought I should catch the film.
  • The cold continueth so having run out of TV I wanted to catch up so I turned to In the Heat of the Night (1967). Fairly sure I've never seen it all the way through before. Great crime drama, some fine acting and very evocative, I think, of the era. I really like the documentary Deep Blues which would have been filmed in the late 80's, I think, but that sweatiness and rot of Mississippi is there so I'm assuming In the Heat is fairly representative. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    Suicide Squad 

Shite.

2/10 just for Ms Robbie's exquisite arse.
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540

I watched 'Master & Commander' again t'other night. It only gets better with each viewing. Beautifully shot, well acted and especially if you turn the subtitles on to catch the quiet voices, the script is excellent and should come with a glossary of nautical terms. It's a great shame it didn't do better at the box office, as a run of Jack Aubrey films would have been superb...

Cheers,

Adam

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    Fantastic Beasts... 6/10. As it's a more adult film in the Potter universe, I was hoping for more grown-up thinking in the plot. The centrepiece CGI action sequence at the end quickly became tiresome. Plenty of nice comic touches, plus some quite edgy moments. I think JKR's universe has legs.
  • If anyone else is into bizarre 80's horror "Demons" is on The Horror Channel tonight at 10.45 ish. I've seen it several times and can vouch for its depravity ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467

Sausage Party, yes that one with the talking food. Utter, Utter, UTTER, shit. I mean really bad, I could only stick 20 mins of it.

0/10

@Col_Decker , you can't give Sausage Party a 0/10 until you have seen 50 Shades of Black. Saying that, I would not want you to see 50 Shades of Black. 
    Is there a sausage party in 50 Shades of Black?
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    I watched the original 1951 film 'the day the earth stood still' which had been remastered & was visually pin sharp. thoroughly enjoyed it after all these years.

The Day the Earth Stood Still Blu-ray

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    hotpot said:
    I watched the original 1951 film 'the day the earth stood still' which had been remastered & was visually pin sharp. thoroughly enjoyed it after all these years.

The Day the Earth Stood Still Blu-ray

Oooo! I might have to treat myself to that.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12364
    If anyone else is into bizarre 80's horror "Demons" is on The Horror Channel tonight at 10.45 ish. I've seen it several times and can vouch for its depravity ;)
    I just checked out the reviews on IMDB. Sounds brilliantly awful. TiVo set to record  :)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22795
    boogieman said:
    If anyone else is into bizarre 80's horror "Demons" is on The Horror Channel tonight at 10.45 ish. I've seen it several times and can vouch for its depravity ;)
    I just checked out the reviews on IMDB. Sounds brilliantly awful. TiVo set to record  :)
    It's a good 'un.  I'll almost certainly watch it on TV even though I've got several versions on DVD and Blu-ray....
  • @boogieman yeah it's so terrible it's actually good ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Watched Ghostbusters (2016).

Thought it was pretty funny actually!
  • Re watched World War Z. It's not brilliant although having got over the disappointment from when it was first released it's an okay romp with dodgy CGI. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Kalimna said:

I watched 'Master & Commander' again t'other night. It only gets better with each viewing. Beautifully shot, well acted and especially if you turn the subtitles on to catch the quiet voices, the script is excellent and should come with a glossary of nautical terms. It's a great shame it didn't do better at the box office, as a run of Jack Aubrey films would have been superb...

Cheers,

Adam

Wisdom.
    Fantastic picture!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12364
    @boogieman yeah it's so terrible it's actually good ;)
    @TheBlueWolf. You were right, totally ridiculous but somehow still brilliant  :)
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    The Light Between Oceans.
    Very, very depressing. I can remember a time when I could easily see the cathartic benefit of such a sad film. Less so in 2016.

Sully.
    Good but not great.

• quarky said:
    Watched Ghostbusters (2016).

Thought it was pretty funny actually!
    I thought it was a good bit of silly fun.  There were a lot of people who got out of their prams about it.