Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I want this watch.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10693
    Exactly, we'd only have 3 amps, 8 guitars and 61 pedals.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    octatonic;29855" said:
    monquixote said:

I haven't had a watch for about 10 years. 

I don't really see the point anymore. 

I've been the same for quite a while.

Lately I've been thinking I might get one, mainly because I think looking at my phone to check the time appears to be rude, as though I'm not really that interested in what someone else is saying.Looking at your wrist is much more discreet.
    This. In meetings mainly, I havent worn a watch for like 25 years. Not sure if any of mine still work.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I like that watch and as watches go it's not too expensive. Part of me may get frustrated with spending 300 sheets on a watch and still having to look at my phone for a completely accurate time though!
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    edited September 2013
    Nice watch, I could wear that, in fact I like watches generally, they are the only bit of "jewellery" i bother with. Very tempted by a nice Swiss chronometer some years ago, so bought a cheap look a like to see if I could live with a large watch on my wrist. I still wear the look a like daily never bothered with the real one. Can't live without a watch thought, now if we were talking about mobile phones that would be a different matter entirely!

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    viz said:
    Exactly, we'd only have 3 amps, 8 guitars and 61 pedals.
    I need more stuff now

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• I like the pocket watch here: http://www.pewterreplicas.co.uk/
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Beautiful!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Imagine using it to time a 45 minute slot ! I have two watches i regularly use, a cheap explorer type analogue with big hands I use for working so I can read it easily and not worry about it getting smashed broken wet ect and the  rolex I inherited from my uncle  for all other times which has silver hands on a silver face which is difficult to read with my eyesight! The rolex needs winding every night which is kind of a ritual. means the days ended 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Pretty, but I feel any dyslexic would expect to view it other than on your wrist...
  • I like that a lot. And their others too.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited September 2013
    I'm going to buy another Rolex, which I really can't afford, but I'm hoping to die owing a shedload of dosh, so what the hell.

• Is it true that the more you owe when you die the more fun you've had?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • It is in my case. I want to pop my clogs even as the bailiffs are beating down the door!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Oh. My. God. I've just had an advert on my facebook wall for a 24-hour watch.

This one:

https://www.slow-watches.com/the-store

What the FUCK is going on?

• SporkySporky Frets: 28181
    I believe you've been cookied.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    but how??? Facebook doesn't know I'm here! OR DOES IT.
    (I'm going to get it anway, it's cheaper than the other one and doesn't even have a brand name :) )
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Facebook sees everything! Mwahahaaha! Then it gives it to the US and UK governments... for goodness.

I like techical looking skeleton face watches like 

But want one in a womens sized face rather than a wall clock with a strap...

Or at least a less heavyweight case and strap than 

In platinum, with a soft leather strap
  • @myranda like that a lot but if they made the hands in white yellow or green would be well on my wish list, as it is would get annoyed that I couldn't use it to tell the time 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • viz said:

Oh. My. God. I've just had an advert on my facebook wall for a 24-hour watch.

Ads? What are they?