LR Baggs Anthem - anyone using?

What's Hot
I've got the Element transducer right now, which performs just fine. 

However, I'm looking to be playing acoustic blues/rootsy stuff which I think would benefit from a more 'natural' amplified sound. I've been listening to some A/B's between the Anthem and Element on youtube and have been quite impressed - I also like the idea that you can blend the transducer back in to varying degrees to suit the situation.

They're certainly not cheap though - anyone had one installed?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4195
    No personal experience although I'm a big fan of the Lyric which is an internal mic similar to the one used in the Anthem system. Actually I wonder if you could keep your piezo and blend it with a Lyric? Don't know if that would work out cheaper.....you don't want to have to spend money on another piezo if you don't have to because of course they're all abominations.... ;)
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
    edited August 2014
    Cheers mate - will look into it. Long time no see - not seen you with the Absentees yet, must come along soon and catch up with what you're up to.

Incidentally - amplifying the reso - being as how this will be small venues and fairly low volumes - I thought I could probably just get away with my AKG C1000 small condenser close-miked and set to hypercardioid? The singer actually used one for vocals on our semi acoustic gig the other night, no feedback probs whatsoever. 

(there's another thought - could even try miking the J-45 and blending that with the piezo through the PA)
    I've used that arrangement before - reso just amplified by a C1000, then use the mic for flat top as well, just blending in enough pickup to match the relative volumes. Worked well for me.

Gigging less often now the little fella is here but will be sure to let you know when the Abs are in town next!
  • Looking at the Lyric and listening to the clips, I don't think I'd need the Anthem. 

Do you run the Lyric straight into the PA, or use a preamp?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I use a LR Baggs Para DI. You could run it straight into a PA as long as the desk allows a decent cut around 350-400 hz which I find the Lyric benefits from quite a bit.
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 261
    I'm using the Anthem SL in my GS Mini, I'm glad I went for that over Taylor's ES-Go pickup. It does (to my ears anyway) retain the natural sound of an acoustic.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.