Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wine

What's Hot
Can't quite believe this.. I went to Pontins last weekend (dire) with the only bonus being a free bottle of Rose Pinot something-or-other.

Anyway, just came to open it and some pervert has put a cork in the end of it..?

What's that about??

Luckily I had a pen knife and a fork, but jeez. How are old people meant to open it?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    JookyChap said:

Luckily I had a pen knife and a fork, but jeez. How are old people meant to open it?

They get a young person to open it for them.......

Actually, that reminded me of Cornwall last year, myself and Mark were walking into the town (St.Ives) centre, when a nice, old lady asked us if we could open a tin of Spam (Yes really Spam) for her, as her tin opener had broken. Luckily for us it had a ring-pull on it......(true story...)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    With Switzerland's greatest gift to mankind...

(and no I don't mean Celine Dion ;).)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• It's scary the way they change things. And to be fair she was probably worried it was a grenade.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    With Switzerland's greatest gift to mankind...

(and no I don't mean Celine Dion ;).)

I was always confused about them by the fact that Switzerland doesn't have an army as such, but have cool knives - then I found out that every male over the age of 21 (iirc) has to own and be able to use an automatic weapon. Weird people your Swiss.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • a cork..!!!!!!! what next, decanting ?
  • Old people know how to open a wine bottle, its young upstarts that expect screwtops :P
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    You don't have a corkscrew in your pocket?

Some people don't know how to work pockets these days ...
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Do the Swiss have a navy?

Yes.

(Well, kind of).
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • Why?

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    so they can quickly ship all that Nazi gold overseas.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Same reason any other country does, I suppose.
  • But isn't Switzerland land locked?

• But isn't Switzerland land locked?
    Yeah, everyone laughed at Noah too..

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Indeed, but he wasn't that smart. He left he unicorns behind.

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    And all the evil freshwater dolphins got away with all their sins!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    edited September 2013
    JookyChap said:
    I was always confused about them by the fact that Switzerland doesn't have an army as such, but have cool knives - then I found out that every male over the age of 21 (iirc) has to own and be able to use an automatic weapon. Weird people your Swiss.
    Switzerland has a very serious army - mostly what we would call a 'national service' militia, but trained and armed like the professional army which makes up a small part of it. If I remember correctly all men under the age of 50 still have to do military service at regular intervals. The reason they all have an automatic weapon is because they're the army issue.

They do also have a small Navy, which is not a joke - it operates on the lakes.

And by law they have to have a nuclear fallout shelter in their houses...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• What a waste.

• And Switzerland has one of the lowest number of 'gun crimes' in the world, so maybe the NRA are right. So that's twice we've laughed at Charlton Heston and been proven silly.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

And the Swiss Air Force uses the motorways for runways, so they can still operate if the airfields are bombed.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)