Aftermarket archtop pickguard?

Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1196
edited September 2013 in Acoustics
Background: I just bought a The Loar LH-309-VS from Thomann, having been unable to locate a LH-319-VS anywhere apart from the US. I tried to find one for like two weeks, but I've gone through all my contacts, the distributors, the sales reps, the manufacturers and every shop that ever stocked the brand without success. Plan B is, after the guitar arrives, if I decide I really need a bridge pickup I'll fit one myself. The bonus aspect is this is first that I get to pick a better p90 than the stock one on the 319, and second that I can put the 3-way switch where I think it belongs, i.e. between the pots, not on the upper bout.

But anyway,

These guitars don't come with pickguards, which is a shame because I prefer the look of them with one on. However, since these guitars are essentially replicas of Gibson ES-125s, for which aftermarket pickguards do exist, I'm trying to locate a seller for one in the UK or Europe, although it's not a hardship if I have to buy from the States - but in either case I'd really like a seller that will also supply the bracket, the screws and the rubber spacer. I know I can buy those things separately but there's less chance of buying the wrong parts if they come supplied with the pickguard they're intended for.

imageimage

Any help in this matter would be really appreciated.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If you don't want to make one yourself, you could think about asking a guitar maker to make one for you.
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Getting a "stock" one that will fit properly (particularly, snug at the pickup) is highly unlikely IMHO (and from experience!).   Best to get one made and ideally by someone you can give the guitar to so as it is a perfect fit.   JXG in Newcastle makes great guards and can source very nice translucent faux toroise shell.
  • Are you sure they don't come with pickguards? The flat-top LH-200 is most often shown in photos without but mine (also from Thomann) came with one in the box.

It's more involved with an archtop I know, but have close look in the packaging when it arrives.