Exit Calm

badlydrawnbanjobadlydrawnbanjo Frets: 855
edited September 2013 in Music
I'm off to see these next Thursday night in Manchester. Rob Marshall's a great guitarist in the Nick McCabe mould. Really looking forward to picking up the new album while I'm there.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If seen these live twice now and the noises that lad gets out of his guitar blow my mind.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1442
    Necro bump.

My brother recently turned me onto these guys, and I'm curently listening to their second album.  It's right up my street, a nice balance of shoegaze, melancholy but still melodic music - and that chap really is a classy textural guitarist.

It's from 2013 but sounds like it's from a decade earlier.  It's got a bit of early Verve about it I guess.

Late to the party as always.....
  • Funny enough I went to watch Rob, the guitar players' new project last weekend in Manchester.
  • They have a new project? Do you have a link?

Fantastic band. Had the pleasure to support them once and they were really nice guys. Amazing guitar sounds.
  • The band's called Humanist. Rob's got some pretty high profile vocalists on the record but has James from Puressence doing all the vocals for the live shows

https://soundcloud.com/humanist-official

Nicky, the lead singer from Exit Calm pops up with new demo's from time to time too.