New build

What's Hot
Hi all I was a bit bored and fancied a project, so decided to see if I could build a good sounding gigging guitar with a budget of £150, big challenge but better than sitting in front of the TV watching corrie,

Ebay being the necessary evil it is, was the first port of call, and got following:

Body, unknown make, solid wood and new paint job, Inc postage £26

Neck b stock new (had a ding on the head stock) most amazing quilt maple on the fret board and light flame on the back including tuners, Inc postage £49...total bargain.

Trem, back plate, claw screws, jack,,£9.99 Inc postage.

Shop bought: CTS pots £15

All screws and springs etc £15

what I already had: scratch plate, 2 Mexican strat pickups and a sd mini bucker, 3 way toggle, roller saddles.

It went together pretty well, wiring was a ball ache not because of the guitar but because I'm a tard! So after a few false starts the pickups were working.

I strung it up thinking this build was going way to easy especially buying everything blind.
When tensioning the strings, found the action with the saddles hitting the deck was 8 mml! I had to shim the neck within an inch of its life and getting the correct neck angle took an age but now it has a fantastic action with no choking (just don't look at the neck pocket!

Plugged it in and actually sounds brilliant! No dead spots, all the pots worked, apart from, when I select the bridge pickup the whole scratch plate becomes microphonic if anyone knows how to fix that the help would be appreciated! Apart from that it's great, I'm looking g forward to gigging with it so I don't have to take the les Paul out so much!

Pics coming below
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments