Mandolin pickup recommendations.

What's Hot
Can anyone point me in the general direction of a decent pickup for mandolin please? Ta!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    The mandolinist I play with uses a K&K Mandolin Twin and sounds great. She uses the Fusion version which doesn't need any permanent modification the the instrument.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for that, will check them out.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933

I use a Shadow SH925 at the moment. It sounds decent enough but the mini jack is a bit of a faff and I can foresee the wire attached to the bridge breaking at some point.

I'm looking at the Schatten mando pickup at the moment. Gets good reviews, easy to fit, not too intrusive, has a volume knob on it and uses a good ol' 1/4in jack. Mind you, I hear good things about the LR Baggs Radius and the K&K Twin as well.

• I played on a friends Mandolin the other day and although it was only a fairly inexpensive instrument it sounded great with a Fishman standard mandolin pickup. I am not sure of the exact model number for the pickup but it didn't cost him too much and it really did sound very good. I am not a mandolin player but my friend has plenty and has owned plenty and he was very impressed with the Fishman pickup too.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    K and K for me too Moon Guitars use them as well
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    edited November 2014
    Since I posted in this thread I've bought 2 K&K Twin Fusion systems and put them in both my mandos - safe to say I rate them :D