GAS Fund but no GAS

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17605
in Guitar tFB Trader
Just got my hands on £600 from selling my old bass amp, but I can't think of anything I want with the possible exception of a Redbox 5.

How puzzling.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    You are clearly feeling out of sorts

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    edited August 2014
    It's like being sick when you're a kid. You know it's coming, your Mum rubs your back in encouragement and sympathy, and then Whammo...!! And you always felt better once the inevitable occurred :-)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17605
    tFB Trader
    Anything super bargainous at Thomann it's worth picking up as I'll be paying the 10 Euro postage cost?
  • I would feel the need to spend it before it gets frittered away! I've got £300 in the fund, panic!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    It's your chance to get a deposit on one of our beauties...especially as I'm about to have a big clear out sale of a lot of stock 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

tFB Trader
    It's your chance to get a deposit on one of our beauties...especially as I'm about to have a big clear out sale of a lot of stock 
    Much as I'd love that I fear it would end in divorce.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    edited August 2014
    Anything super bargainous at Thomann it's worth picking up as I'll be paying the 10 Euro postage cost?
    jensen c10q is like 28 euros. admittedly that's fairly dependent on needing a 10" vintage-fender-voiced speaker :))

EHX soul food is really cheap but out of stock for a few weeks

the digitech hardwire pedals are a pretty good price (at least the ones i was looking at).

that's all i can think of offhand

EDIT: schaller floyd rose and lockmeister are pretty cheap compared to UK prices, but again very dependent on actually needing a retrofit floyd rose-type tremolo... :))
  • ElxElx Frets: 412
    Don't worry, the GAS will be back as soon as you're broke...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Now look what you've goe and done @monquixote!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Go and get yourself a Gordon Smith - that amount would cover a few of their models...
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    @monquixote I fail to see the problem?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Maybe something for your band? Live sound/PA type gear, boring but useful stuff like equipment cases, possibly a custom pair of spandex trousers for stage wear?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    You'll probably be wanting a G&L Bluesboy :-)
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Kepp the £600 safe. Add a bit as/when you can/want. Then when you see something you want you'll have the cash ready.

Or just buy a shed load of dirt pedals like me.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• MattGMattG Frets: 170
    buy a klon KTR ;)
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Holiday?

Drugs?

Hookers?

Or combine the 3 and go to Amsterdam?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Don't worry, as soon as you spend it on something sensible and once again have no disposable income, you will no doubt stumble upon the guitar/amp/pedal/NOS pickup screw of your dreams. 

I always find my level of GAS is always inversely proportionate to the amount of spare money I have floating around. :(:))
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Holiday?

Drugs?

Hookers?

I can see 2 from 3 ending in divorce......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• mike_l said:
    Holiday?

Drugs?

Hookers?

I can see 2 from 3 ending in divorce......

Could make it 3 if he leaves the wife at home when he goes on Holiday to Amsterdam.
    tFB Trader
    I think the main cause of my GASlessness is that I don't really have the room for any more guitars or amps and I've already got all the pedals I need. That means I might end up (gasp) putting it in my savings!

There are a couple of practical things that I'd quite like. 
    Redbox 5 would be very useful for live and recording. 
    A decent isolated PSU would also be useful (if quite boring).

I've also got a hankering for a Wampler Velvet, Suhr Rufus, WH Dirty Donny, or an MXR Super Badass.