Anyone dealt with Killer Guitar Components?

I bought some saddles from them a few weeks ago and as yet they haven't arrived. I know that US post can take a while sometimes, but I've emailed KGC to ask for an update on when they were shipped and I'm getting complete radio silence. I'm sure there's nothing dodgy going on, but a little email wouldn't go amiss.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xwolf5150xwolf5150 Frets: 180
    Great products, very slow and poor coms.
    That's my experience but don't be put off.
    It's a father and son operation and I don't think they can afford the investment needed to meet demand.
    Ill health is his usual excuse for being slow.
    Be patient, they'll show up.
  • I'm sure they'll arrive at some stage, but I can't stand poor communications. They're quick enough to reply to a sales enquiry, but then take no time to send out a quick mail to say that the product has been posted, don't worry etc etc. It takes 2 mins to send an email.

Oh well, I'm not in any rush for the part, so I guess I can wait it out and grumble to myself ;-)
    What saddles did you order ?
  • Brass Strat types with centred screws. They're actually for a Telecaster that I've got. I bought the bridge plate from Michael at Armadillo guitar parts (nice guy and a good communicator), but he doesn't have any modern sized saddles that I like the look of, hence the purchase from KGC. It'll basically be a brass version of the Blacktop type Telecasters.
    10.5 or 10.8 mm ?
  • American standard size, so 52mm centre to centre (I think, hope...)
    edited August 2014
    Import saddles come in 2 sizes.
    I have a set of brass 10.5 block saddles from John Mann, the designer of the PRS trem that I've never used.......
  • Well if they don't arrive, maybe we can work something out.
  • I've just had a look at the John Mann site and they look like the ones that Armadillo makes: keyhole type design.
    edited August 2014
    Just realised mine are gold without the keyhole design. I bought them for my Anderson but never fitted them.
  • There's always a market for gold ;-)

• Rick from KGC has just replied and it seems that he'll be sending them next week. He said that a lot of hand finishing goes into these things, but clearly they are a bit under the cosh in terms of their workload. I'm sure the wait will be worth it!

Now I can go back to my search for a nice 12 string acoustic...
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Rick from KGC has just replied and it seems that he'll be sending them next week. He said that a lot of hand finishing goes into these things, but clearly they are a bit under the cosh in terms of their workload. I'm sure the wait will be worth it!

I know where you can find a 12 string ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Unfortunately you're a bit too far away from me as I'm in Paris, but thanks for the heads up!
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    edited August 2014
    Rick from KGC has just replied and it seems that he'll be sending them next week. He said that a lot of hand finishing goes into these things, but clearly they are a bit under the cosh in terms of their workload. I'm sure the wait will be worth it!

@meltedbuzzbox has a lovely 12 string for sale...

EDIT:  He beat me to it!  :D
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Unfortunately you're a bit too far away from me as I'm in Paris, but thanks for the heads up!
    what could go wrong posting a fragile wooden instrument across seas? :-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.