The Doctor Who thread

What's Hot

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5144
    axisus said:
    Looks like Kris Marshall is indeed the new Dr who. 
    I finally looked up who that is. Fuuuuucking hell. Not seeing it. At all.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 991
    Manic, stark staring eyes, straggly hair and gangly limbs?  Surely he was genetically engineered for the role!
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    edited May 2017
    ^ That just made me think of T May

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Just saw last week's Dr Who. Seriously, do they hit the writers over the head with the stupid stick just to make sure they get some dumb sh*te in the script? So a creature roughly the size of a lion will consume the sun, and all the stars? Do the producers realise that they are 1) millions of light years away and 2) frikkin huge.

Also, Dr who "yes I'll stand here in a cave for thousands of years". 1) what a dumb solution to a problem 2) I think he'd get just a little bored. 

Moffat hurry up and go, you have either written or presided over some of the most appalling stories ever to make TV. I sincerely hope that Chibnall ushers in a golden age of Dr Who (but I'm not holding my breath)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    this weeks was pretty good though.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I've watched last week's and today's now. The Roman legion one was a bit pants but much better this week. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    A good episode .. Bill didn't last long .. Missy was just annoying .. what are the odds on a female Doctor? Apparently this was hinted at in last night's episode.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    edited June 2017
    Fretwired said:
    A good episode .. Bill didn't last long .. Missy was just annoying .. what are the odds on a female Doctor? Apparently this was hinted at in last night's episode.
    As the new Dr was announced weeks ago and is a bloke I'm sure you'll get lots of bookies to take your money grin 

I'm slightly struggling to believe that's how they'll end Bill, although seems to be what they've done. 

Edit: just in case that reads as smarmy it wasn't meant to be :anguished: 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    If a main character dies In the first half of a two parter, they probably ain't dead
    edited June 2017
    Fretwired said:
    As the new Dr was announced weeks ago and is a bloke I'm sure you'll get lots of bookies to take your money grin 

I'm slightly struggling to believe that's how they'll end Bill, although seems to be what they've done. 
    The new Doctor hasn't been announced and if your referring to Kris Marshall there's a problem .. the guy who does the costumes for the male actors and the previous Doctors let slip at a party that he hasn't done one yet and isn't scheduled to do it .. and filming has begun. Doctor Who has become so PC that I wouldn't rule out a woman, especially as Missy and Bill are leaving. Kris Marshall's a lightweight actor and his agent denied it ... the Daily Mirror said they'd been tipped off but it could just be a hoax.

WezV said:
    If a main character dies In the first half of a two parter, they probably ain't dead
    Bill's dead or Moffat is a liar.

Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

The new Doctor hasn't been announced and if your referring to Kris Marshall there's a problem .. the guy who does the costumes for the male actors and the previous Doctors let slip at a party that he hasn't done one yet and isn't scheduled to do it .. and filming has begun. Doctor Who has become so PC that I wouldn't rule out a woman, especially as Missy and Bill are leaving. Kris Marshall's a lightweight actor and his agent denied it ... the Daily Mirror said they'd been tipped off but it could just be a hoax.
    Ahh, I thought Marshall was definite. Quick google showing results still saying he is. 

Ahh, I thought Marshall was definite. Quick google showing results still saying he is. 
    Just rehashing the original story .. it could be him but Moffat had an all knowing 'I've got you' look when interviewed last night.

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5144
    edited June 2017
    Wasn't last Saturday's

"Master lurks on dingy spaceship in disguise, slowly turning people in to an army of robots to take over the world and shit"

plot oddly familiar?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26993
    Moffat has never properly killed anyone and he's not going to start now. 

Bill will be saved using love or lots of hugs or something. Or by the power of the sonic fucking sunglasses. Meh

And while we're at it, why does EVERYTHING have to be linked? It's not enough that we get Mondasian Cybermen; they have to be retconned to be the Master's idea because EVERYTHING BAD IN THE UNIVERSE IS JUST A PLOT TO BUGGER WITH THE DOCTOR'S HEAD. I miss simple monster of the week stuff. 

For anyone with an hour and 49 minutes and a mood to bitch further about Moffat's utter inability to live up to hype of his own making, this is well worth a watch... 

As for the next Doctor, I hope it's someone completely unknown. I'd prefer a middle-aged white bloke, tbh, but I don't really think it's a big deal either way as long as it doesn't get shoved down our throats
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited June 2017
    Moffat has never properly killed anyone and he's not going to start now. 

Bill will be saved using love or lots of hugs or something. Or by the power of the sonic fucking sunglasses. Meh

And while we're at it, why does EVERYTHING have to be linked? It's not enough that we get Mondasian Cybermen; they have to be retconned to be the Master's idea because EVERYTHING BAD IN THE UNIVERSE IS JUST A PLOT TO BUGGER WITH THE DOCTOR'S HEAD. I miss simple monster of the week stuff. 

For anyone with an hour and 49 minutes and a mood to bitch further about Moffat's utter inability to live up to hype of his own making, this is well worth a watch... 

As for the next Doctor, I hope it's someone completely unknown. I'd prefer a middle-aged white bloke, tbh, but I don't really think it's a big deal either way as long as it doesn't get shoved down our throats
    Bill's left the series .. now official. All the women have gone which means the next Doctor could be a woman .. ;-)

I have no idea ...

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Somewhat bewildered, I'd always assumed that Missy was a regeneration of The Master :/

Must've missed the memo .....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26993
    Jalapeno said:
    Somewhat bewildered, I'd always assumed that Missy was a regeneration of The Master :/

She might be. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey etc etc.

Or she might not be. 

Who knows tbh. I'm past caring.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72331
    Same here. Disappointing, when I like Capaldi as the Doctor, and I liked Bill. And I even quite like Matt Lucas…

But the whole thing has become so contrived and self-referential it's disappeared up its own black hole.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    Jalapeno said:

She might be. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey etc etc.

Or she might not be. 

Yes, she is. Saturday's episode confirmed it for anyone with doubts.
    <space for hire>