R (abbit)AS *2

What's Hot
just acquired a couple of lady rabbits (photos to follow when they emerge from their hutch). One a brown "wild rabbit" type and one a light grey. We got them as company for our existing, "rescue", rabbit but as we've spent a small fortune building him a big enclosure we thought we'd better get some more as he's getting old now and we didn't want to see all that money going with him. They're in a separate run at the moment, pushed up against his, so they can see each other through the wire, he was very interested in them so hopefully they'll all get along.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hope he's neutered, thing about Rabbits is they are either really sweet and cute and pleasant to own or complete Bastards. Do I have to mention house rabbits and cables?
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Hope he's neutered, thing about Rabbits is they are either really sweet and cute and pleasant to own or complete Bastards. Do I have to mention house rabbits and cables?

Alfie, in my avatar is sweet and cute as well as being a complete bastard. He's cuddly as anything, but I have so many scars from his bites.
    My V key is broken
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    yup, we got him neutered a while ago (this free rabbit has cost us well over £200 by now) he was a right nasty thug before that, though we think this was in part cos he was intact and in part cos he was basically on his own for years in a tiny hutch. He's much more friendly now.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Alfie came with scabs on his body and was really jumpy, I think he was dumped in a hutch with another rabbit without thought or consequence. He's always getting chased around by his wifey, soft sod.
    My V key is broken
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    are they rampant ?
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    not yet, batteries still on charge.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28196
    Sheffield was a vicious little bugger. I liked him a lot. He'd let you tickle his ears for a bit and then, without warning, would suddenly pounce and scratch and bite. What a fantastic rabbit he was. He even looked like a Rorschach test.

http://monkeyfx.co.uk/pictures/bunnies/sheffears.jpg
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    this one was a proper psycho, you couldn't even put your hand in his cage without him going for you. The only saving grace was that cos his hutch was so small, he hadn't grown properly (he still runs a bit "funny" even now) though he has grown a lot since we got him. About a year ago, my family came down to visit and my niece, who's a bit of an animal lover, was out in the garden on her own. She came running down to the house with her finger pouring blood. When she was asked what happened she said she saw him in his run and went to touch him through the wire and he went for her (I sometimes imagine a scene of a lion trying to eat someone through the bars of a cage) even though we warned her he's a bit nasty. Cutting off his nads made a lot of difference, you can even get in with him to cut his claws etc.

• Sporky said:
    He even looked like a Rorschach test.
    I see a rabbit. B-) 
    ddlooping said:
    Sporky said:
    I see a rabbit. B-) 
    I see a vagina
    My V key is broken
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited September 2013
    holnrew said:
    ddlooping said:
    Sporky said:
    I see a rabbit. B-) 
    I see a vagina
     That could be the subject of a new discussion. :) 

• I see a Banksey

www.maltingsaudio.co.uk